My thoughts regarding American Wilds.

A picture? I rather see a video. You could alway of just winched the truck in there and snapped a pic.

But yea a few have mentioned having better luck with the trucks. Still don't change that the traction is insanely low, even for a street truck, on theses new semi's.

Heck a few days ago I seen a dump truck (regular dual axle, 2WD, street tires), reversing uphill, up a muddy driveway to where the tractor was waiting to load it. It wasn't no insane steep hill now mind you, but it was still uphill in mud and clay, in reverse regardless.

If that was this game he'd of been stuck the moment his rare tires left the pavement. lol

@aceuchiha said in My thoughts regarding American Wilds.:

I've personally found the B-131 one of the fastest and grippiest trucks offroad, I use the slider on gear 1 to limit the wheel speed along with throttle modulation, It's very useful even more so in the non 6x6/8x8 trucks.

I agree the B-131 has grip, it will be better then the WS off road. However I listed it because it has low engine power. I've ran that truck on the new maps a nice few times and when you are going down the road and come to a hill (which these new maps has a nice few), trust me you want to lock the B-131 into 1+ gear, because it will stall in auto.

So that's where the balance comes in, better off road but worse on road.

The C-255 and C-375 don't care about hills, they do 5th gear hauling lumber uphill no problem, and are still insanely good off road to boot.

@stazco
Yeah I'm not buying that either. The picture even looks wrong. It's a road truck stuck in mud. It probably helps that you have the back loaded, but still I bet that truck is barely moving if at all.

@unster said in My thoughts regarding American Wilds.:

@stazco
Yeah I'm not buying that either. The picture even looks wrong. It's a road truck stuck in mud. It probably helps that you have the back loaded, but still I bet that truck is barely moving if at all.

i have towed the skidder 8400 with the LTL 9000 through the swamp as did my buddy following me and he was using the freightliner and towing the skidder aswell.

i also had a load of short logs on the LTL 9000 and it was just crusing through the mudd.

Dont buy the pictures, no prob))

(I didn use winch with loaded fred at all in roads in swamp and muddy sections. Empty truck - yes i use it a couple of times at swamp roads. And for sure i use winch when moving across swamps itself. No towing at all.)
Next step - to cross the river in grizzly map.
Ive seen some video in xbox club, by skidder.
Did anyone crossed it?)

last edited by Stazco

@stazco said in My thoughts regarding American Wilds.:

Dont buy the pictures, no prob))

(I didn use winch with loaded fred at all in roads in swamp and muddy sections. Empty truck - yes i use it a couple of times at swamp roads. And for sure i use winch when moving across swamps itself. No towing at all.)
Next step - to cross the river in grizzly map.
Ive seen some video in xbox club, by skidder.
Did anyone crossed it?)

The only spots I've been able to cross the river is in shallow trail crossing areas, or the swampy area leading out to that one Waypoint that's in the middle of the water.

Trying to cross these rivers in random spots I completely submerged and lost a C-255 in the water, and a B131 in a different area.

The dev's where not kidding around in these news maps, the rivers are insanely deep. It's like they knew people would go for the rivers to try take shortcuts or to loop around blockposts and where like "really now, we'll fix that and turn our rivers into mini oceans. Try to cross them now." lol

last edited by justinlynch3

I like the direction the new update is taking the game but I really think you guys need to go and take a look at an old Xbox game called 4x4 Evo 2 and get some new ideas to add to this because it does become stagnant after awhile for us console players and I would like to see more upgrades like better mud tires for traction maybe be able to put more power in the vehicles and possibly chop down a whole Forrest replant it, sell it, make money, upgrade buildings buy newer better trucks or equipment for the job