There should be a reward for playing with zero deaths in kill:death ratio - just for COOP games !

This game is face paced and full of intense firefights.
Anyone who survives all the firefights without dying even once should be honored by extra experience points and mentioning at the end among the headshot masters and other achievements.

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

But only if you play a full match. Otherwise it would be pointless.
Another problem is being afk as well as camping.
I doubt that somebody who really plays the game in an kind of active way (like its meant to be) will never die a single time. I mean, this game is about capturing objectives. Even if you support your team as a sniper from a distance you will probably be spotted soon or later.
And yeah, an award for not getting killed would be realisitc, but the game is only meant to be somehow realistic and a video game after all so dying is not as fatal as it would be in real life.
Saying this, your suggestion sounds nice in first place, but is kind of bad, sry.

It's just my opinion but I see this as yet another way to encourage selfish behavior as some may be less than willing to put themselves in harm's way to help their mates. .....worrying more about their personal stats and reward(s) rather than their team.

@Benny, first of all thank you for completing my proposal with your first two sentences. I forgot to mention these cases, but now you did 😉

Second thing, to be honest, i see that very often that people start the match with me from the first round until finishing it with victory having zero deaths on their kill : death score.
And those guys are playing the game actively and how it is supposed to be played. Often those guys have achieved other rewards on the final screen.
I don´t want to show-off here but i would say i achieve that too.
I have an aggressive, pushing and flanking playstlye when i try to take an objective and a more defensive playstyle when i need to defend the objective.
With such a playstyle i regularly have zero deaths. I would say i survive one out of five matches without dying/respawn.
And if i would play with more discipline and authentic tactics i would achieve that score even 3 out of 5 matches.

But as you said this is just a game and we all tend to raise the risk of geting shot, just because we want to be very quick or we want to get the most kills possible or we wait too long on a spot while trying to snipe or we get caught by an RPG or whatever.
By the way, you cannot "camp" forever because the battlefield is constantly moving away from your spot. To be honest, snipers don´t have good chances to survive because the bots are very very quick and precise aimers on long range shooting. I would say at this point of the beta-game the risk of getting shot is much higher on long range battles than on close quarter combat.

The thing is when people are rewarded by extra points and being mentioned on the final screen : for example : noggin knocker player xxx achieved 5 headshots ,
why not also reward him if he survived without getting shot, which is much more worth than just having 5 headshots ?

@Kean_1 selfish behaviour is a typical human behavior., It depends on your character and personal attitude if you are willing to help teammates or just play selfish.
That has nothing to do with the skill to survive the match from the very beginning to the victorious end.

@gsg_9_lightning
Okay in coop you can do that.
But you can't in Versus.

@gsg_9_lightning said in There should be a reward for playing with zero deaths in kill:death ratio:

@Kean_1 selfish behaviour is a typical human behavior., It depends on your character and personal attitude if you are willing to help teammates or just play selfish.
That has nothing to do with the skill to survive the match from the very beginning to the victorious end.

.....but you can either encourage that self-serving behavior in people or motivate them to play as a team. It's just that I don't see this as being something that would do the latter with those that would care more about personal gain, that's all.

Terrible idea.

Your KDR is not important in this game, and it shouldn't be. The objectives are important. If you want to be rewarded for your KDR, go play a different game that does it; this ain't it, boss.

@tedeski said in There should be a reward for playing with zero deaths in kill:death ratio:

Terrible idea.

Your KDR is not important in this game, and it shouldn't be. The objectives are important. If you want to be rewarded for your KDR, go play a different game that does it; this ain't it, boss.

You don´t get it tedeski.
I never said k:d ratio is important. All i am saying is : reward staying alive !
It absolutely doesn´t matter how many kills someone has .. as long as he survives all the shit flying around his head. And if somebody does , just give him some reward by at least mentioning him.
By the way, the more kills somebody makes, the less is the risk for another teammate to get shot by those killed bots.
Any kill counts and if you play as a team and you protect each other all is good.
I don´t even want the score board in coop...who needs that ?
All i am proposing is a reward at the very end of a game when succesfully finished the mentioning as an achievement.

Holy shit, you guys are full of negativity, as if you would have to pay the person from your personal budget.

@gsg_9_lightning Oh, no I understand exactly what you mean. You think someone who goes an entire round without taking a single death deserves some recognition for doing all the great stuff they did without dying. One problem with that: it encourages people to NOT do anything great. It encourages hiding and passiveness.

The game is already full of campers and scared players who won't leave their safe corner until all the bad men are dead. Instead of providing a reason for even more people to resort to overly passive tactics, we should encourage playing around objectives. It's simply not fun to be dead and spectate someone who is just sitting in one spot looking at one angle and not moving for 3 minutes because he might get shot. Adding some kind of reward for those people is silly. If you need that much recognition for it, point it out after the round. The game shouldn't have to reward something like that.

last edited by tedeski

@tedeski
i understand you very well, but it seems you don´t play coop so often.
I don´t like adversarial and i barely play that so i am talking just for coop games.

My experience is that in coop games everyone tries to rush the next objective with a run and gun playstlye which is not the way it´s meant to be played.
I changed my playstyle too and adapted to the actual speed of the team in coop games.

I often see : No teamwork, no covering each other, just run run run and be as fast as possible at the objective.
That is not the way i like but if you stay back and play slower, chances to get shot rise dramatically when your getting caught on the way to the next objective.
While the first one or two guys reach the objective without any or few resistance the rest of the team encounters many bots.
Why ?
Because it takes a few seconds after their spawn to enter the battle zone and they threaten any other player who is moving slower than the rushing guys.
Even if you try to protect other players while those are pushing hard, it is almost impossible to engage all bots that spawn as a squad and then come around a corner or try to flank you.
It is too fast paced in coop which is the absolute opposite of adversarial games.
You say it is too slow and too many campers there in adversarial games.

I will change the title of my Topic and add : "just for COOP games" to it to underline the correct category of my proposal 😉

@gsg_9_lightning Even so, that's not relevant for a slow-paced team approach. Because if your team is moving slowly together as a group, by the end of it, several people should have 0 deaths. Which one gets their little medal? All of them? A random one? And even then, it would make more sense for a medal that rewards being in close proximity to your team during your kills and captures than it does to reward not dying. Your reward for not dying is not being stuck in spectate lol. No further reward is needed.

Your arguments are valid too ( for adversarial games), but as i said, it´s just a little reward for the skill of not getting shot. Nothing else.
And yes, any zero death survivor who played the match from the beginning should get this little "medal" -- you called it so.
The game handles any other achievement same way : 3 guys achieve more than 5 headshots, then you can see all their names at the final screen.

Keep in mind that this is just a game and people like rewards because it keeps the motivation high.
People are more satisfied at the end of a match when their name is mentioned, additional to the victory.
If you don´t want it, it´s ok, but others might like the idea of getting rewarded for their skill.

And i have to add that not only taking and holding the objectives are the most important thing in Coop games, but to protect each other and keep the death counter as low as possible for every player.
To be honest i would even be happy with the game without any scoreboard in coop or any "medals".
But as long NWI decides to keep that score board and "honor screen" , why not additionally honor those who have the skills ?
As i said it is worth more to not get shot, than just to get 5 headshots.

Nuff said !

Well, I don't mind it in coop.

@gsg_9_lightning Not nuff said. It's conjecture and opinion, without anything supporting it. You're basically saying "people who don't die need a reward because I think so", and frankly that's not a good enough reason.

Avoiding getting shot should not be a goal to be sought after or rewarded for completing. The goal is supporting your team and taking objectives (since we're strictly talking co-op). If a reward for not dying were to be added, it would need some kind of caveat to be received; for example, "Die Hard: Survived the round without dying (with more than 2 objective captures)." Or something like that. Just "not dying" isn't good enough to be rewarded, in my opinion. There has to be more required to be worth calling out.

Before this can work, we need to eliminate the cheese kills.

In coop, I'll die maybe 2-3 times a match.

One will be me making a bad decision, getting outplayed, or doing something dumb.

The other 2 will be me getting killed through a wall by a technical, being killed by a freshly spawned bot in our spawn area, or hit across the map by a random rocket fired at another teammate who is bunny hopping and mag dumping.

Until we fix the random punishment deaths, and increase the likelihood of being killed by an actual player mistake or failure to plan, then this will just be a super annoying mechanic.