Bought Dakar 18 ps4

...for full price, just shy of 100$ cdn. Was expecting it to be a budget title, but I loved Dakar 2 fifteen years ago, so what the hell.

Makes me want to play MR. In fact, I played it for about 2 hours, swore regularly at my co-driver, nearly ragequit, sat staring at the title screen for a bit, then put MR in and enjoyed the rest of my night.

It's not a bad game, don't get me wrong. Perhaps it will improve with experience, but atm I'm not too pleased with it.

I bought Dakar 18 aswell, but played less then 2 hours.
Currently waiting for a refund.

I'm not to happy with it, spintires and mudrunner kind of ruined other mud based games for me.

The softness and smoothness of the soil in mudrunner is so much better then any other game.

Most of my issues with the game are related to reading the map, figuring it out with relation to the terrain, and the co-driver's idiotic commentary and absolutely last second instructions... i loved the way he screams "NOW (and he means NOW) turn off the track by the rock and continue for 500 meters uphill blah blah blah... LEFT!!!" But meanwhile the direction is the last part of the instruction, and you really needed to turn exactly when he said NOW!... rage inducing. Then he criticizes you for missing the turn by 100 meters or so.

Also, he regularly begins his instructions with "PAY ATTENTION!!!" and "FOCUS!!!" as though I'm somehow letting him down... makes me want to turn off the voice, which i can, but until i get more comfy with reading the map myself, i'm stuck with him.

Again, not a bad game, for a tiny new developer it's pretty impressive.

@rlcn-cargamer said in Bought Dakar 18 ps4:

spintires and mudrunner kind of ruined other mud based games for me.

The softness and smoothness of the soil in mudrunner is so much better then any other game.

Totally agree.