Bot AimBot

Please tone down the bots aimbot. Its fun when it's challenging but not when you are getting one shotted on your pinky toe causing death. Or give us back the option to call vote. Let us choose how we want to play.
Also, bring back servers.
Love you guys but DAMN!

I have to agree, I mean the bots on normal insurgency were too easy but these bots feel like I am playing against the hardest Angry Bots server where I have 100% aggro. Perhaps reduce their long range accuracy a bit and increase their reaction times at close range a tiny tiny bit? This will force the spray and pray breachers to use nades (assuming the smoke and flashbangs now affect bots?) rather than just prefiring every corner and restocking at each objective.

I have been sniped by smgs and instantly zeroed by aks at crazy crazy ranges. For example this happens often on Summit during COOP. As security after taking B I like to sit with a marksman on top on the large rocks on security side of the road and overwatch on C. The insurgents like to run past a corrugated iron fence/wall past C and I try to pick them off. Its here they stop and consistently snipe me when I am prone and back away from the edge of the rock as far as i can without my bullets clipping into the ground.

That being said please dont make the bots much easier! I love having to work together with a team over and over again to eventually make it, its very rewarding.

last edited by Haggison

I really hope these things get dialed in before the console release as this is one aspect of Sandstorm I am really looking forward to (co-op). It seems to me several folks have remarked about how the AI was better in the original Insurgency.

.....but given that this is still a work in progress and there is still plenty of time until PC release, I'm hopeful things will get sorted a bit more by then. .....and certainly in time for console.

I really wish I still had a gaming PC so I could try them both out.

LoL - cough cough... Sorry for laughing but yea, the bots are angry beasts from hell. Donnno, kinda find it refreshing (I mean the challenge of it). An option to set bot levels would be nice in the final release though (custom options are always welcomed).

I noticed they don't deal well with flanking attacks (more specifically, pincer movements) it seems to confuse them for a brief moment.

Imho the only thing that could suite a broad playerbase are bots that are tweakable on more than one axis. E.g. inaccurate and slow but very smart bots to teach noobs to cover their flanks and gain some situational awareness, accurate aggressive bots that rush to give pros some aiming practice, or all cranked to max for the top 1% to still have a suitable challenge. Loadouts of the bots (armor etc.) should also be tweakable for a sort of damage scaling.

@grotesqueshadow said in Bot AimBot:

Imho the only thing that could suite a broad playerbase are bots that are tweakable on more than one axis. E.g. inaccurate and slow but very smart bots to teach noobs to cover their flanks and gain some situational awareness, accurate aggressive bots that rush to give pros some aiming practice, or all cranked to max for the top 1% to still have a suitable challenge. Loadouts of the bots (armor etc.) should also be tweakable for a sort of damage scaling.

I'm certainly a fan of more options.