Marksman and Bolt actions

@jesus-man said in Marksman and Bolt actions:

.....or that he has deleted that topic about machine guns and special forces with all my(and two-three other guys) thoughtful and full explanation why he is wrong.

Yeah, what a waste.

You what the kicker is? .....he actually tried to call me out on "forum etiquette" for quoting his post(s) in some of my responses. Ironic, eh? He goes and deletes the whole thread in a final show of contempt toward everyone else who contributed to the discussion.

Well, at least he can't delete other people's threads. ......and he wonders why I choose to quote folks like him.

@freddy-m

Looking forward to hear more Freddy. Given that this game has a more realistic focus than most other shooters out there, I enjoy getting a perspective from folks like you who have practical experience with various aspects of shooting, etc.

I'm a gun owner and perhaps a bit of an enthusiast I guess some would say. ....never competed though (just recreational and personal defense).

So this old mammoth is more "accurate" than a modern "sniper rifle" as you call it.

I never made the claim that semi autos were more accurate than bolt actions. I simply said that they were more versatile, doing better in more combat scenarious, rather than only excelling at long ranges. I'm not even really sure why you're arguing for bolt actions being better at range, since in this game no firefights of more than 300m are even possible, and the average firefight is usually 20-50m. You seem to have trouble keeping things relevant.

Why are you even bringing up Marksmanship contests? You keep saying your posts are "thoughtful and well thought out" but they're just you hitting ctrl-c/ctrl-v on wikipedia pages and posting all that irrelevant nonsense to the threads. Why is it RELEVANT that a bolt action is more accurate when at the ranges IN THE GAME the difference in accuracy would only be less than half an inch in groupings, if that? Every single gun in the game (barring shotguns) is PERFECTLY accurate to almost half a map away...

You keep making the mistake of thinking you're arguing for "how things are used in real life", and seem to constantly forget that this is a forum arguing for changes to a game. Every single argument you make begins with "But in real life...." when we're supposed to be giving feedback and suggestions on how to make it a more fun GAME.

@freddy-m he has deleted that topic about machine guns and special forces with all my(and two-three other guys) thoughtful and full explanation why he is wrong. I m sad. It was a beautiful article with loads of pictures and facts, spent, like, 40 minutes on it. 😞
Well, I guess he realized that he was wrong. Who knows. Maybe that was shame, or rage...

Calling your own posts "thoughtful and full explanation of why he is wrong" is kinda like laughing at your own jokes, isn't it? For someone who likes to argue semantics "Suppressor vs Silencer" so much, the amount of grammatical errors in even that one sentence should be enough to give you pause. As to my "shame, or rage"... I think you overestimate the level of emotion I feel when providing feedback and suggestions to a game in Beta... But sure, If you need to vilify me and paint images of me "raging" to make talking shit about me in groups (like this thread has become) then so be it. I suppose I probably have red irises and horns on my head too, right? The only reason I ended that thread was because your "thoughtful explanation of why he was wrong" was just you arguing semantics "LMG vs GMPG" "Silencer vs Suppressor". It's not "well thought out" to just try to win arguments by saying "heh, look at this dummy, he says it's called Soccer when it's clearly called Football, bruv! hahaha what a tool!" Everything else you "thoughtfully" posted was just irrelevant data with no clear application to the thread other than to show "There are real people who exist that have put suppressors on their LMGs, so therefore you're wrong."

He also calls everyone, who he disagrees with, idiots.(or rather those who disagrees with him) 😕

Citation please. I made ONE thread with "...Question the Devs intelligence" in the title and suddenly everywhere I go I'm accused of "calling everyone idiots" (pretty much only by you and Kean) I'd love for someone to show me an actual quote of me calling someone an idiot, instead of just this ongoing bullshit "He calls everyone idiots" lie... Also, "He calls everyone who he disagrees with idiots" could just as easily be applied to Kean or, you Jesus Man. I mean...the last two comments alone in this thread are entirely about me and how according to you everything I do and say is wrong... Practice what you preach, eh? Hard to believe a guy who names himself after Jesus and even goes so far as to make him his profile icon goes around badmouthing, shit-talking, and making things up about people he's had slight disagreements over game balance with...

It's also funny how you seem to find even the idea of me calling someone an "idiot" so offensive, yet don't seem to care when people you agree with call other people names or insult them.

@kean_1 said in Marksman and Bolt actions:

Also, the idea I read earlier that "bolt actions" are antiquated and no longer used in modern militaries is both ignorant and false. ....but given the source, I'm not surprised.

Man you guys sure are getting high-and-mighty up in here. Basically turned this whole thread into a "Hate on Amurka" topic.

@kean_1 said in Marksman and Bolt actions:

You what the kicker is? .....he actually tried to call me out on "forum etiquette" for quoting his post(s) in some of my responses. Ironic, eh? He goes and deletes the whole thread in a final show of contempt toward everyone else who contributed to the discussion.

You basically quoted an ENTIRE comment (that was nearly as long as this one) just to type three sentences, when that comment was directly above (the most recent) yours! Quoting posts is supposed to be used to refer people to things that exist elsewhere to give context to what you're talking about. You don't NEED to do that if the comment your replying to is the most recent. Look, It's clear you have a huge hate-filled grudge against me, pretty much 50% of your comments in the last few days are just complaining about me... at least stop trying to pretend you have good reasons for it.

last edited by AMURKA

@amurka

You've got zero credibility with me at this point Amurka.

You're continuing to argue points made in your now deleted thread which is really convenient since the explanations several of us had provided are now erased. You were the one who insulted the developers intelligence and those of the community who agree that suppressors could be equipped on LMGs with your first post when you started the thread. It was you who continued to try and reference "real life" examples and then rebuffed "real life" examples that proved you wrong.

At least have the balls to keep the thread up next time if you really think you are right. Given the responses that thread had and the upvotes on the counter arguments, I think it's clear why you deleted it. Partly so no one could ever reference it again. As one community member put it, it was a clear case of "escalation of commitment".

You were disrespectful in that thread and others as several have pointed out. You reap what you sow Amurka. .....and yeah, I just quoted your entire post just in case you decide to delete or change this one as well.

(removed quote out of respect for the OP)

last edited by Kean_1

There you go again. quoting entire, page-long comments just to add a few little bitchy sentences. I'm sure everyone here will thank you for having to scroll down an extra page and a half for no reason other than "you wanted proof of my comment"...

At least you've finally dropped your pretense of being impartial and un-biased towards things I say. I also find it incredibly amusing that you're still so separated from reality that you think I'm the one being disrespectful, with the way you've been shit-talking me all morning in this thread, totally unprovoked. Did you really expect me not to respond?

I'm not the one who turned this "Marksman and Bolt Actions" thread into a "Hate on Amurka" thread, YOU did.

last edited by AMURKA

Well, getting back to the game here... feasibility of the bolt action and 'DMR' rifles in the marksman class compared to just sticking a scope on a standard rifle.

@amurka said in Marksman and Bolt actions:

The higher rate of fire rifles for the sniper classes all SUCK. The SVD is passable but you're almost always reloading. The security sides options are even worse.

TBH the best option for sniper at the moment in the game, is to take Rifleman class (for security), take an m16a3, stick a decent scope on it, drum mags, and a bipod/foregrip.

Now you're a headshot machine with 50 rounds, instead of that bullshit 5 round bolt action crap. If you miss a shot, just fucking put another one in him.... whereas if they don't go down to a bolt, it's a full second before you can follow up.

I have tried simply not bothering with the marksman class and trying the M16 variants and G3 with higher powered scopes and they're not bad actually. With some maps I do have to say that hitting someone running across a street 3 times is a bit of a push though.

Perhaps its down to feeling but the G3 seems higher damage and less kick than the m16 variants. Playing as observer a G3 with 2x or 4x can feel great on some maps where the commander and observer can be more of a supporting pair in the team.

Alright everyone, I think we stop it there. I am sorry for what this Thread turned out to be.

All I wanted was to discuss the Marksman class Bolt actions and their current balance and place in game.

No more hostile comments directed towards others. This game is for mature people, lets act that way.

@freddy-m

No problem Freddy. I apologize to you for my part in it.

@amurka said in Marksman and Bolt actions:

So this old mammoth is more "accurate" than a modern "sniper rifle" as you call it.

I never made the claim that semi autos were more accurate than bolt actions. I simply said that they were more versatile, doing better in more combat scenarious, rather than only excelling at long ranges.

You seem to jump from real life to the game mechanics and back a lot. One moment you say, that suppressors are useless on machine guns and make them useless in general so they have to be removed from a GAME cause of that, and when someone points your attention on your mistakes by providing proof, that suppressors actually work - you either try to eel your way out of it by saying that they are either idiots and have no proof, or say something like "We are speaking about a game here, no one will be shooting in short bursts in a game duh"

In this topic - you said, that Remington 700 variants are outdated crap and will be replaced by a DMR rifle which is a superior gun to the Remington 700 variants IN THE US ARMY (real life here) So I try to show people (and you) that ARMY is not replacing bolt action rifles and I tried to explain why bolt action rifles will not be replaced by semi auto rifles in near future by mentioning difference in their purpose and accuracy. And then you follow up with this:

I'm not even really sure why you're arguing for bolt actions being better at range, since in this game no firefights of more than 300m are even possible, and the average firefight is usually 20-50m. You seem to have trouble keeping things relevant.

Really? You seem to have trouble participating in constructive dialogue. 😕
(Sure it might be my fault, after all too many grammar errors make it hard to read. Google translated texts are pain in the arse right?)

Why are you even bringing up Marksmanship contests?

Because they show tendency of bolt action rifles being more accurate at long ranges, and I think that @Freddy-M can say how much truth there is to it. I hope, that I am not completely wrong.

P.S. @freddy-m, I m sorry. I will be silent from now on here, unless it involves marksmen and rifles. Magic of editing.

last edited by Jesus Man

Ahh yes, the 'ol "lemme just make a 5 page long off-topic spite-filled rant and then finish up with an insincere 'i'm sorry Freddy' to try and justify hitting that enter key and submitting." Classic

Freddy gave you a perfect opportunity for a graceful exit, and a chance to bring the thread back on-topic. But I guess you just saw that and decided "Nah, I need to fill the next 5 pages of screen with spiteful crap and petty retorts". Good job. Clearly Jesus is truly the better man...

If you were really sorry you'd never have cluttered the forum with this rambling hate-filled 5 page scroll of utter trash... Let alone feel the need to make the negative, vindictive comments that forced me to respond to this thread in the first place. If you're THAT upset that I defended myself from the uncalled for early-morning anti-Amurka circle jerk train you were all on then maybe you should just PM me your feelings next time.

I suppose that one good thing has come out of this thread. At least you and Kean can no longer pretend you're these innocent little holier-than-thou "just doing our job educating the masses" angels and I'm the big bad wolf after all the biased, opinionated, and hate-filled crap you've been spewing today.

last edited by AMURKA

Mods can we just lock this topic please? I think we have all had enough and it can only go more sour from here.

Hey all,

I'm gonna lock this thread, the conversations are no longer in good faith.