I am very interested in creating mods for Insurgency: Sandstorm. I know that details on this are likely to be light right now as the dev team's focus is on, well, developing, but if there are any pointers or suggestions that can be given then I'm very interested in hearing them. I have not tried messing with any game that runs on the Unreal Engine 4 yet so I'm unsure as to where to even start. I figure it won't involve LUA!
What I am eager to create specifically are
- new modes of play,
- rework existing features into "new" features (ex: create BLR-style HRV via the feature that shows your squad-mates through walls or the spectator player outline),
- create interactive/static popup or dialog menus,
- alter weapons while away from a resupply point,
- set individual weapon damages,
- and set general player HP and movement speeds.
While I hope Sandstorm will (eventually) have the same Steam Workshop features of the last game by allowing custom weapons, I would love to know if there will be any means of doing any of this. I figure I'll have to wait until the game releases but even news that there will be news about modding later would be music to my ears.