Insurgency: Sandstorm FAQ

Hi everyone,

Here are some of the most common questions we get on our Facebook accounts, Twitter accounts, Discord server and Steam Forums:

0_1512727233510_Insurgency_05.jpg

What is Insurgency: Sandstorm?

Insurgency: Sandstorm is the next installment of the Insurgency series coming to Windows, Mac, Linux, Xbox One, and PS4. Built on Unreal Engine 4, it retains the classic hardcore gameplay Insurgency is known for and expands upon it further with new features like larger environments, light driveable vehicles, competitive matchmaking support, and more.

Is Insurgency: Sandstorm a free update or a new game?

Insurgency: Sandstorm is a new self-contained game that is built on an entirely new game engine, with plenty of brand new features, improved graphics, vehicles, modes and weapons.

When will it be released?

Insurgency: Sandstorm is currently slated for a 2018 release date.

Will you be doing an alpha or beta version before release?

Yes! You can sign up for the closed alpha by following the instructions in this post.

Will spamming your inbox increase my chances of getting into the alpha or beta?

No!

What are the minimum system specs?

System specifications for the closed alpha and beta will be released when we release information about the closed alpha application process. Final system specifications are still to be determined. However, if your system is capable of handling other Unreal 4 engine games, it’s most likely capable of handling Insurgency: Sandstorm.

Have you set a price yet?

Pricing and availability will be revealed closer to launch.

last edited by Iyagovos

"Have you set a price yet?"
Dude. Not sure who´s asking.
I played Vanilla, I´d buy it anyway.

Howdy, My group in Insurgency, =BB= , would be highly interested in the Coop aspects of Sandstorm. Would like to know when it's possible, how many players/slots and ability to host our own servers? We all intend to purchase and continue playing both the original Insurgency and Sandstorm forthcoming. Thank You. 🙂

SLI is a much needed feature for me and a lot of other people.... will it be included in Insurgency Sandstorm?

Add another question : Will it be good?

SPOILER ALERT

I'm still wondering why is there no official discord server dedicated for the game itself instead of that Insurgency Gym server?

Don't get me wrong I really do love to participate in PUGs but here I currently living in China where I'd definitely have connection issues and lag to play on those servers.

Btw the Closed Alpha testers would only be selected in NA or maybe EU? I'm asking this because I've participated in some game tests and most of them wouldn't have servers outside of NA and EU. I'd also like to hear more about dedicated server hosting if it's possible to share.

@zesty said in Insurgency: Sandstorm FAQ:

I'm still wondering why is there no official discord server dedicated for the game itself instead of that Insurgency Gym server?

Don't get me wrong I really do love to participate in PUGs but here I currently living in China where I'd definitely have connection issues and lag to play on those servers.

Btw the Closed Alpha testers would only be selected in NA or maybe EU? I'm asking this because I've participated in some game tests and most of them wouldn't have servers outside of NA and EU. I'd also like to hear more about dedicated server hosting if it's possible to share.

Focus has a channel dedicated to Insurgency: Sandstorm on its Discord: https://discord.gg/NgkQdeS

Testers will be selected from all around the world, although the team will probably try to have large group of players from the same time zone, to ease the testing sessions.

Will it have mods support on PC ? And documentation on how to mod for that game ?

holy shit fella's, the excitement is REAL I'm hoping mod support will be a thing, will be awesome to see what some modders can do in Unreal Engine 4.

Any word on whether or not it will be available to Linux or not? Maybe Vulkan support?

Just build this game and TAKE MY MONEY. TAKE IT ALL. If its a clone of insurgency but with new game modes TAKE MY MONEY, if its insurgency with nothing but new graphics TAKE MY MONEY, if its just insurgency with a single player campaign and new co-op online options TAKE MY MONEY.

In fact im literally throwing fistfuls of cash at you, JUST TAKE IT AND GIVE ME THIS GAME.

love,

a hardcore fan xxx

Any idea if there will be a Render Scaling option? Would help a LOT with performance.

This post is deleted!

Hello!

Just question, i understand If you don't feel like sharing this... But as it seems right now, the closed alpha has already been.

And I'm wondering If there is by Any chance going to be another wave of players being accepted into testing at some other point in time. I mean there probably Will be, as you Go on to doing stress testing before launch. But... i know how this Will sound and im sorry for sounding quite inpatient and selfish, But is there going to be anymore opportionities to do testing for the game, and give feedback on it, in a not so distant future?

Anyway. Really impressive teaser you released today for the game. Well done!

@humanoidlemon said in Insurgency: Sandstorm FAQ:

Hello!

Just question, i understand If you don't feel like sharing this... But as it seems right now, the closed alpha has already been.

And I'm wondering If there is by Any chance going to be another wave of players being accepted into testing at some other point in time. I mean there probably Will be, as you Go on to doing stress testing before launch. But... i know how this Will sound and im sorry for sounding quite inpatient and selfish, But is there going to be anymore opportionities to do testing for the game, and give feedback on it, in a not so distant future?

Anyway. Really impressive teaser you released today for the game. Well done!

Hi, the Closed Alpha is still on-going and we're regurlarly sending new waves of keys. You still have a chance to play if you're registered 🙂

Oh? Well, that's very good news! Thank you for replying in such a short amount of time.

Will the game support Arabic language ?

last edited by Captain Arabia

Will there be full controller support for PC? (pls dont ask why I use a controller on PC..lets just say I have screwed up fingers)

@mamba Oh that's a shame, I guess they don't value my custom then:) There's a 10% off deal going on which I can't paretake of because they are "delaying" my OS. I'm not paying for what I can't use. There are way more linux users than people think and we do matter.