Regarding Console Mods

@poptart-gaming We've already released one DLC pack for MudRunner on console, and plan to release another in late May.

last edited by Jellyfoosh

isn't the new DLC the ridge.

@iyagovos the New DLC is the ridge right.

@poptart-gaming you can forget about any decent content for console. The game is about logging. Your not getting any pickups or add-ons like pc. Buy a pc then buy there game again. Simple Right?

It would be pretty cool if you guys do the modding just like what Bethesda for Fallout 4 how they made modding available for console I think if you guys do it how they did their mod I think that it could be step up as a lot of people want mod and I my self have been waiting for Spintire to be on Console for ever actually for like 2 years since I knew about the first Spintie, I don’t really play on pc that’s why I wanted it on Console when I knew it as coming out I bought it in the first day it came ou I had to go to 3 different store to buy it that day and it took me 4 hrs to find the store stock. I love the game graphics are amazing and mod and be able to bring new trucks in the game would be fun 🙂

Question: when is it coming out

@netheos if I knew how to attach screen shots I would post the conversation....at that time the answer was a definite no. I've heard that they are considering it now. But at that time is was a NO.

@iyagovos how about an update on mods coming to console. We are tired of feeling like a cash cow while PC gets all the good stuff. Either say mods are coming or don’t so no one else wastes money on a stock game that’s only fun with the mods. Face it people play your game for the modded community, not the half assed generic vehicles.

@xstifl3rx As I've said multiple times before, we currently have no plans to bring mods to consoles.

@xstifl3rx said in Regarding Console Mods:

@iyagovos how about an update on mods coming to console. We are tired of feeling like a cash cow while PC gets all the good stuff. Either say mods are coming or don’t so no one else wastes money on a stock game that’s only fun with the mods. Face it people play your game for the modded community, not the half a**ed generic vehicles.

The Developers of STMR are making content for the game and for console via DLC Content, It has been great that we have received the Ridge DLC and Valley DLC for Free seeing how much work they have put into the game, the map, and the new vehicles. Cause I know I really dont want to have to purchase the DLC. They could add a price tag to them but they been gracious in providing free content for thos whom have purchased the standalone game.

I have tried to stay away from this thread knowing the somewhat Rude behavoir towards the developers of SABER and community managers here at Focus.

I understand the point in which you stand on, but I also stand on the side of the devs. For I understand the difficulty of creating work that "Works" on their Engine. With their Engine I dont think Mods would be possible on Consoles without being able to change the engine which requires a lot of time and money.

@marccacal12 said in Regarding Console Mods:

It would be pretty cool if you guys do the modding just like what Bethesda for Fallout 4 how they made modding available for console I think if you guys do it how they did their mod I think that it could be step up as a lot of people want mod and I my self have been waiting for Spintire to be on Console for ever actually for like 2 years since I knew about the first Spintie, I don’t really play on pc that’s why I wanted it on Console when I knew it as coming out I bought it in the first day it came ou I had to go to 3 different store to buy it that day and it took me 4 hrs to find the store stock. I love the game graphics are amazing and mod and be able to bring new trucks in the game would be fun 🙂

Yes, a portal like what Bethesda does for Fallout 4 would work in a sense. But getting the engine to work with it and have it correctly alter the files wether restoring to the original game or modding it to all ends with maps and vehicles. The fact that Saber might have to spend their money that they get from sales of STMR and any other IP's, could cost them more than just the budget for MR, but in a whole. This saying I have no knowledge of what they have or what they get finiancial wise

Where as Bethesda has money and developers for that.

If you are so dedicated in requesting Mod Availability for Console why don't you put your time and money towards creating a homebrew/third-party application. AS LONG - You have permission from focus to alter the game on console.. IMO..

Yes people do enjoy playing the game modded with vehicles and maps created from people not part of focus, but what is the point trying to force the devs to work harder and faster then what they already are doing. Back to what I stated earlier with the Free Content, they could easily put a price tag on that to compensate for the time and work spent on creating it.

They have plans to release more content for the Game for both PC and Consoles either Free or Paid doesnt matter, its good content and it takes time to create.

@bradleyherod4 said in Regarding Console Mods:

Can u add like Ford's and chevys

Doing that would cost SABER more to make due to them having to purchase Licenses from the Vehicle Creator in order to use them in the game.

Thanks for Understanding
~ArchitectWilliams

last edited by ArchitectWilliam

Can I just get an actual time of when the mods can start I love this game and have bought a few copies for friends just so they can enjoy it too but I've got all achievements and hard or 1 star I just want to add some move vehicles and maps to keep me playing!

☺

So are we getting mods or not because I’m about ready to delete the game and probably never play it again because I’m just getting bored of it thinking that we would get mods and it seems like it was just a waste of money to me

@skyshooter44 As has been said a couple of times, we currently have no concrete plans to bring mods to the console versions of MudRunner.

last edited by Jellyfoosh

@skyshooter44 said in Regarding Console Mods:

So are we getting mods or not because I’m about ready to delete the game and probably never play it again because I’m just getting bored of it thinking that we would get mods and it seems like it was just a waste of money to me

if you need mods to keep you busy, then videogames are not for you, because you are missing the point. Why are mods needed? For the most part is is all the same truck with a different body. plus, they have released 7 mods so far, 5 vehicles and 2 maps. so yes mods have come out and they were free. So come again, what were you saying?

Well for one most people probably would enjoy driving K5s and Jeeps or in my case jacked up Monte Carlo's to go trailing instead of just logging trucks on logging maps.

The consoles would have no trouble what so ever Running Mods so that's not the issue, Mods can be put on consoles because other games have done it, The only issue with getting mods on consoles is copyright period.

I don't see any copyright issues involving Maps though? So what about a console version of the Editor?

last edited by SmarOneNine

@smaronenine said in Regarding Console Mods:

Well for one most people probably would enjoy driving K5s and Jeeps or in my case jacked up Monte Carlo's to go trailing instead of just logging trucks on logging maps.

The consoles would have no trouble what so ever Running Mods so that's not the issue, Mods can be put on consoles because other games have done it, The only issue with getting mods on consoles is copyright period.

I don't see any copyright issues involving Maps though? So what about a console version of the Editor?

No, it is definitely not that easy man. Anything that is put onto a cosole has top be approved by that corporation, i.e. the Spintires team would have to submit it to microsoft for consideration, Microsoft has to test it, then maybe if it passes their standard they can put it online. Also, using mods cn sometimes break your game, not just freeze, but causes you to have to uninstall the entire game then re-install it as vanilla then add your mods again, on console I'm sure this is a different case, if it crashed the game on consoles, it could mean then end of Spintires for console, Microsoft doesnt appreciate a game that will crash, and cause xbox gold memebers to get pissed off, its a whole other world on cosole. Plus, I would rather have these trucks than a k5, jeep, ram, or lifted monte carlo. Thats just my opinion, I drive a Deuce and a Half IRL, so little jeeps are pickups are toys to me now

@1967deuce Microsoft doesn't have an issue with mods or editors. It's the developers not wanting to due the extra work. It's also Sony. Sony not only cut out their early access games completely they are VERY strict on their content allowed.
Microsoft is much more lenient. Being Xbox One's and One X's run Hyper-V and Windows 10, it's not an issue getting things on Xbox. Sony is the biggest issue. Since the game is on both platforms they don't want to do the extra work and they don't want to exclude one console because it would cause an uproar.

I've been approved with Microsoft for game development to publish a game on the Xbox and it's not that hard to get content from the PC to Xbox. After seeing the hoops for Sony I just decided to not pursue PS4.

last edited by 89cherokeelimit

that sucks so im guess that is the end with console mods hu well i guess we have to wait for the american wilds DLC cause a lot of console players have been waiting for FORD AND CHEVY\

@ford-f350
Not sure why you guys are waiting for that...It was stated prior to release that console would not be getting mods.
If there are guys/gals that are waiting or upset because consoles are modless, maybe those people should have done some research prior to buying the game.