Necromunda Enforcers.

Greetings. Long time fan of Necromunda. Many wonderful hours were spent with friends battling it out over the scant resources to be found in the toxic underhive.

My question. Has any thought been given as to the inclusion of the Enforcers as a playable gang? Think Judge Dredd fighting a ceaseless battle against all of the anarchist gangs daring to claim territory in the Emperor's underhive.

When the rules for Enforcers came out for Necromunda they instantly became my favorite gang. Would bring a very welcome change to the "normal" gangs. Perhaps as a prerelease purchase bonus, or DLC. Thanks for your efforts in bring this Classic favorite to PC for another generation to enjoy.

They will most likely be DLC. They already said that the starting gangs will be the 6 houses.

Still, i'll be rooting for the Enforcers and the Scavvies

Enforcers are cool, something to consider alongside Scaavies but more similarly Spyrers.

There is an issue of power, given they wear carapace armor and such. I don't think its insurmountable, but gangs likw Scaavies and Pit Slaves are easier to balance than these high base strength potentials.

Never liked the enforcers as a player-run gang, they always felt more like something that should be run by the Arbitrator (if you had one) or as a pickup-gang that anyone could play against you if you agreed on that. Not that I'm totally against the idea, but there are many other gangs I'd like to see realized first (particularly the Scavvies, heh!)

If they add in the Outlaw system then they'd be cool as an NPC enemy, basically a tough gang come to take you in dead or alive. As a player gang, I don't really see how well it works. They're not supposed to operate like a gang, working and holding territory, worrying about prestige, etc. I'm not really against them being player controlled, but I don't think that's really preferable.

@detortor said in Necromunda Enforcers.:

If they add in the Outlaw system then they'd be cool as an NPC enemy, basically a tough gang come to take you in dead or alive. As a player gang, I don't really see how well it works. They're not supposed to operate like a gang, working and holding territory, worrying about prestige, etc. I'm not really against them being player controlled, but I don't think that's really preferable.

Yes, thanks for putting it into words - this is exactly my "problem" as it were with enforcer gangs. Then again I never liked the Spyrers much, for much the same reason.

Spyrer's have a similar issue to be sure, but I think the predatory nature of their goals in the Underhive make it not quite as extreme as Enforcers. The whole being Outlaws being hated by everyone forces them to act like Gangers in the needing territory and such. Enforcers being the Law means they really should be able to go back to their fortress police stations any time they like, granted if they're hunting Outlaws they'd have to camp out in the Underhive for long hunts.

But yeah, either would need to operate fundamentally differently than the other gangs.

I'd guess Enforcers would be one of the early DLCs.

Enforcers, Scavies, Ratskin, etc.

Not a fan of Spyrers. They could get to be OP really quick. If you look here: https://yaktribe.org/necromunda/ build a Spyer gang, you can see how they could end up with game breaking gear like 2+ save force fields, etc. Even if they were really expensive limiting you to 3 members, those 3 could become unkillable.