slide keybind

trying to find a time when I actually wanted to slide rather than did not want to slide where it gets me killed and I cannot think of one. Disable slide altogether or give me a goddamn option please.

to give you a better description, let's say I am sprinting somewhere and I suddenly see an enemy and I would like to shoot at him, but he is at medium range, so I decide to crouch before I fire and I hit the crouch button, but instead of crouching I start sliding on my knees out into the middle of the field and cannot shoot, so instead of returning fire from a crouched position I am sliding on my knees into the middle of a fucking courtyard without a gun.

someone please tell me I am wrong and there is a keybind that I am missing in the fucking settings for this for the last 4 months.

@cootagechees Nope and not disagreeing with you but let go of W and Shift before crouching only way my friend!

@cootagechees said in slide keybind:

to give you a better description, let's say I am sprinting somewhere and I suddenly see an enemy and I would like to shoot at him, but he is at medium range, so I decide to crouch before I fire and I hit the crouch button, but instead of crouching I start sliding on my knees out into the middle of the field and cannot shoot, so instead of returning fire from a crouched position I am sliding on my knees into the middle of a fucking courtyard without a gun.

Working as intended. Stop sprinting so much. If you expect enemy contact in an area, slow down or just shoot them while standing otherwise you'll lose your footing and start sliding.

The slide’s there to discourage movement exploits similar to drop-shots.

Just means you gotta play slightly slower than what you do now. It’s gonna take a while to get used to no doubt. It’s also way more punishing in this game than in INS Source.