K/D stats should be presented only at the end of the match

we have no hit markers.

we have no kill feed.

why are we allowed to see the number of kills for every member of our team in real time?

the beauty of this aspect of not knowing who is dead or alive in the enemy team is that you have to do the math yourself.

I'm confused. You can only see you/your teams K/D when you're dead. That's hardly real time and useful in combat.

@xiddy said in K/D stats should be presented only at the end of the match:

I'm confused. You can only see you/your teams K/D when you're dead. That's hardly real time and useful in combat.

it still helps a lot in determining if and how many enemies died.

one person dead on your team can have so much influence in the decisions based on the K/D of players still alive.

but still, why should we have access to that during the match in a game like this?

it's not like we are playing to get most kills... we are playing to win as a team, right?

you can only see stats when dead. if you don't like the scoreboard then unbind the key and be happy, that or stop holding tab whenever you're not in contact and focus on playing.

you just sound angry that people can see how badly you're performing and tell you to git gud or get out. the general population all play for themselves, when i play pub games i play as a lone wolf completing as many objectives as i can and if there is an observer ill use support to help everyone out, only when i play on my friends server do i throw out the lone wolf tactics and adapt to moving in formation and like a unit as i'm with others doing the exact same due to the increased difficulty of the server.

when i find out im the last one alive i always check the scoreboard to make sure so i know i can go full auto while defending.

having one person die does not influence the general populations way of playing the game at all, only hyper-milsim teams will adjust to things like that and those servers are generally password protected or reserved slots for clan members.

as i said, since you hate the scoreboard so much then stop using it and move on lol

last edited by Depleted

I agree, this is a teambased objective oriented game, but in every match half the team is lonewolfing or camping like its deathmatch becase of KD, completely ignoring the objective. Take KD out of the game and focus on points only.

KD and overall status should be only at the end of the round.

Also, its stupid to mute dead players when half the people nowdays play with people on discord, I do and most people I know as well.

aslo give the servers an option to remove friendly markers

something like

[/Script/Insurgency.INSGameMode]
btargetindicator=false

@depleted said in K/D stats should be presented only at the end of the match:

you just sound angry that people can see how badly you're performing and tell you to git gud or get out.

no, i'm usually at or near the top of the leaderboard in kills and objective time... i'm not talking about frustration... i'm talking about a game designed around the concept of not having information about kills, while still giving that information in the tab screen.

you just failed to reply to my original post, sorry.

@k0872 said in K/D stats should be presented only at the end of the match:

aslo give the servers an option to remove friendly markers

something like

[/Script/Insurgency.INSGameMode]
btargetindicator=false

i think you're able to set the transparency for those markers in the options screen.

yes you can but I would like to force all players to make it a bit more hardcore

@mart1n1 I feel like this gives the game a more competitive and tactical feel. Regarding casual matchmaking, it can be quite confusing and frustrating, but in actual combat, you never know how many people you're fighting against until the fight is over. In competitive, this forces players to keep count of the kills and re-spawns from objective captures. 🙂

I think you guys are missing the point of what he's saying. Basically, when you're dead, you can use the scoreboard to confirm kills for your teammates by checking their kills. One solution I would propose that doesn't get rid of the scoreboard is to only update a player's kills on the scoreboard when they die.

Remove kills from score and from the scoreboard. Fixed. Done. Literally zero downside.

But I like to see how many kills I got after I die. I mean come on, do you really think that removing K/D from the scoreboard will change the way people play? Do people camp to see what their K/D is after they die, or is it because that’s just how they’re comfortable playing and enjoy the satisfaction of killing five people in a row?

@tooth-decay said in K/D stats should be presented only at the end of the match:

do you really think that removing K/D from the scoreboard will change the way people play?

Yes.

@whitby said in K/D stats should be presented only at the end of the match:

@tooth-decay said in K/D stats should be presented only at the end of the match:

do you really think that removing K/D from the scoreboard will change the way people play?

Yes.

No.