Please remove the dead-zone

https://www.reddit.com/r/insurgency/comments/a78ju8/found_out_why_freeaim_stutters_when_the_weapon/

It is a bad feature that only prevents good players from sticking to the game. Or make it optional. The shooting in EFT is perfect in my view for a hardcore game. You have your aim and muscle memory unfucked by such mechanics.

I think it still turns at the same angles/sensitivity for the weapon, but of course the camera just turns at a fraction until the viewmodel hits that deadzone, but yeah it kinda botches your ability to just look around. Just enough to mess up your hipfiring after trying to.
Having the camera turn unaffected with the weapon's direction in its free-aim angles would make a good option. The viewmodel can just turn on its own, relative to the camera turn.

Unrelated to the dead-zone problem.
No, the Hipfire mechanic from EFT where almost every single shot lands in the center of the screen is absolutely gamebreaking and makes ADS an inferior option. It's not how guns are supposed to be used. It should never be implemented by any other game dev.

@grabbinpeels1 It's like that in 99.9% of the games. Main reason - consistency. Which leads to skill. You can't have skill without consistency but randomness. Facts of life.

@sangon
nah, just in tarkov. every other game either has free swinging weapons like Sandstorm here or the Rising Storm series or they have spray cones/patterns like COD, Battlefield or Counterstrike to balance and not make your characters gun handling superhuman.
EFT is the only game I know with this aiming mechanic which you can cheese by either learning where the center of your monitor is (skillful cheesing ^^) or by just putting a sticker on your monitor...

@grabbinpeels1 @SanGon Just look up Kotton on Youtube and check out some of his Escape From Tarkov videos.

That's the result of what happens when a god-tier FPS player gets the EFT hipfire on lockdown.

@marksmanmax calling Kotton god tier. lmao Maybe god tier clown. Sorry but Sandstorm freeaim is absolute rubbish. And it shows.

last edited by SanGon

@sangon
ooooh, you just jelly! Papa Kotton is a great guy. If you call "making a stale game look fun" acting like a clown, sure, I agree. That's what he does for a living.
How is the freeaim rubbish? It's quite realistic, in the way your gun is on a "3 point contact swivel" or whatever you can call it. Shoulder and both hands. Just like in real life. Only way to know exactly where you gun is pointing is either ADS or many many years of experience and muscle memory like a competetive shooter has.
It's not easy (and it shouldn't be) but it's possible to control. Maybe the dead zone is still a problem, I personally never noticed that, don't think I've had problems controlling my aim.

@sangon said in Please remove the dead-zone:

@marksmanmax calling Kotton god tier. lmao Maybe god tier clown. Sorry but Sandstorm freeaim is absolute rubbish. And it shows.

Said god-tier clown is making a living off of Twitch lmao.

@marksmanmax said in Please remove the dead-zone:

@sangon said in Please remove the dead-zone:

Said god-tier clown is making a living off of Twitch lmao.

Yep he's a beggar. I don't have respect for beggars. Like the difference between me and Kotton is that I don't put camera in my face because I'm not exhibitionist and I'm a lot richer than him.

I mean don't get me wrong he's a fun guy and others too that's why I watch twitch sometimes but the narrative that "the streamers" are somehow better players than those that do not stream is wrong. If I play a lot I have aimbot like reflexes does anyone asks me about what's good or bad for the games? No.

Streamers are just politics and marketing - but that's not good for the gaming community in general.

last edited by SanGon

@sangon said in Please remove the dead-zone:t me wrong he's a fun guy and others too that's why I watch twitch sometimes but the narrative that "the streamers" are somehow better players than those that do not stream is wrong.

Oh no, that's not what I'm saying or anything. I'm just saying that the guy is a fuckin legend at basically any game he plays for a while (Heroes and Generals, DayZ, Tarkov).

I mean, nowadays a lot of YouTubers are moving to Twitch due to the fact that Youtube is dying at this point.

It gonna be removed on custom servers, camper.

Just tried it out ingame. It is indeed there and I did have issues with aiming at the enemy, while this wasn't present in the old insurgency.