Large Scale Warfare

Would you devs consider scaling up the player count in the future per match? Imagine the tactical close quarters combat contrasted with the chaos of so many others fighting around you. The vehicles could be well utilized on open parts of a large map, and could add to the realism to see the larger scale incursions as well. Love the game so far, I am just also a huge fan of large lobby games like battlefield, squad, etc.

Personally I think that would be awesome like a large scale offensive game mode but the way the game runs currently I don't think that would happen

What is the player count game room size?

5 vs 5? 12 vs 12? 16 vs 16? Larger?

Large online PS4 War Clans can have well over 100 to 200 members, looking to play their games together. If Sandstorm can only support small game rooms... we can't use it.

24 vs 24 using Custom User Private Servers is a minimum. 48 vs 48 player game rooms would be our choice.

this CBQ style is what makes this game nice.. Go to BF4 or Arma for that giant scale warfare. It's rather nice to have semi CQB.

Also they need to focus on important stuff - like optimizing the game first!

Agree with @UCGSMILEY, go for ArmA for large scale realistic warfare. To get some idea of just how cool it can be check out https://www.youtube.com/user/Dslyecxi/videos (yeah, they're long, grab popcorn and enjoy)

@redknightsoh5 said in Large Scale Warfare:

What is the player count game room size?

5 vs 5? 12 vs 12? 16 vs 16? Larger?

Large online PS4 War Clans can have well over 100 to 200 members, looking to play their games together. If Sandstorm can only support small game rooms... we can't use it.

24 vs 24 using Custom User Private Servers is a minimum. 48 vs 48 player game rooms would be our choice.

I believe 16 vs. 16 is as large as it gets in Sandstorm right now and we still don't have any details in regard to how console will differ in this respect if at all. ....but Sandstorm simply isn't a game of that kind of scale you're talking about.

Squad is also a great game for players who want more of a scaled experience that is less arcade-like than BF4 and easier to learn and enjoy than Arma.

That said, without too much scaling, it would be neat to see 20v20 or 24v24 if the optimizations could handle it.

@aslan14 said in Large Scale Warfare:

Squad is also a great game for players who want more of a scaled experience that is less arcade-like than BF4 and easier to learn and enjoy than Arma.

That said, without too much scaling, it would be neat to see 20v20 or 24v24 if the optimizations could handle it.

Unfortunately for folks like RedKnight, he's on console so his options are limited.

I am too but then again, that's the reason I (and my friends) are interested in I:S. There hasn't been something as "milsim-like" as this in a long time for PS.

I gave up building PCs long ago and switched to laptops which are more for professional use (not good gaming at gaming). Console is just more convenient for me these days as I can just turn on the 60" TV, sit on the couch and start playing.

I do miss all of the simulator games, etc. though. If I were still gamin on PC, I would certainly be playing games like Squad, Escape From Tarkov, SCUM, ARMA, etc. ....I loved the original Flashpoint series.