Sandstorm mechanics vs. Insurgency mechanics: a few ideas.
  1. Hello NWI and everyone! I'm been playing S.S. ~70hours, was a beta-tester, and I have a few suggestion and ideas.
    So, Insurgency is the game about skill, reaction -- wins the best. In Original Insurgency (O.I.) u can meet a enemy, and if your reaction is really god, you may just push the Z(prone) button and just fall on the ground -- and if you're lucky, all the bullets fires by your opponent get's in nowhere, but u have a chance to kill him by shoting from that prone position by the hip. This is pro-tactics, yet, it's very good mechanics. In S.S. prone action is sloppy, slow, and sometimes it is didn't work at all - it's remind me Red Orchestra 2, there was simillar problem.
    If you fix it, this would be great.

2. Jumping with a activated nade to through is further - old mechanics from O.I.
    I agree, it's hard to jump being fully armed, but if you do a light-weighted warriors to do that - that's is too would be great.

3. O.I. is a CQB-game. U can kill enemies by the handgun, it's still a lethal gun on particually any map.
    S.S. NOT c CQB-game, it's more like Panj map, where everybody got theirs 500x scopes, they camp, but they can do nothing in CQC - it's very hard to kill moving enemy with such a scope. And it's hard to kill anyone with NO scope rifle, due to big maps(One Oil Refinery is just a complex madness).
    This is disbalance I see here. I hope you will add a sistem with adjustable scopes (8x + Red dot), or a side rail, where you can to set a Red dot to coplect a sniper rifle dot.

That's all for now, thanks for a great game.

@shivinyourback said in Sandstorm mechanics vs. Insurgency mechanics: a few ideas.:

1. Hello NWI and everyone! I'm been playing S.S. ~70hours, was a beta-tester, and I have a few suggestion and ideas.
    So, Insurgency is the game about skill, reaction -- wins the best. In Original Insurgency (O.I.) u can meet a enemy, and if your reaction is really god, you may just push the Z(prone) button and just fall on the ground -- and if you're lucky, all the bullets fires by your opponent get's in nowhere, but u have a chance to kill him by shoting from that prone position by the hip. This is pro-tactics, yet, it's very good mechanics. In S.S. prone action is sloppy, slow, and sometimes it is didn't work at all - it's remind me Red Orchestra 2, there was simillar problem.
    If you fix it, this would be great.

I don't agree with this being a tactic I want to see in the game.

1. O.I. is a CQB-game. U can kill enemies by the handgun, it's still a lethal gun on particually any map.
    S.S. NOT c CQB-game, it's more like Panj map, where everybody got theirs 500x scopes, they camp, but they can do nothing in CQC - it's very hard to kill moving enemy with such a scope. And it's hard to kill anyone with NO scope rifle, due to big maps(One Oil Refinery is just a complex madness).
    This is disbalance I see here. I hope you will add a sistem with adjustable scopes (8x + Red dot), or a side rail, where you can to set a Red dot to coplect a sniper rifle dot.

There is a path in every map that allows you to stay out of snipers sight and fight in the close range. Even in Refinery you can choose your paths so that you never have to fight long range.

1. Nope. screw that. Diving and shooting should never be a better/quicker option to regular shooting. Ever played Tarkov? It's one of the metas in that game and breaks the gameplay/realism completely because you get down very fast and can shoot 100% accurate.

2. I can hardly understand what you write. Throwing grenades further when you jump? That's an old Source game thing. This game aims for more realism.
    Try doing that in real life ^^ I don't think you throw further while jumping. I've never seen an Olympic thrower jumping at the end of the run-up.

@grabbinpeels1 said in Sandstorm mechanics vs. Insurgency mechanics: a few ideas.:

I've never seen an Olympic thrower jumping at the end of the run-up.

Yep! It's the run-up that makes it fly further. It works in Sandstorm with grenades btw.

@grabbinpeels1 said in Sandstorm mechanics vs. Insurgency mechanics: a few ideas.:
> Nope. screw that. Diving and shooting should never be a better/quicker option to regular shooting. Ever played Tarkov? It's one of the metas in that game and breaks the gameplay/realism completely because you get down very fast and can shoot 100% accurate.

I never play russian games due they're lack of quality.

It wasn't accurate, u just trick your enemy, sometimes they think that they shot you dead(And the end is predictable), but rather no, they still try to kill you. And if you try to get them in sight -- you wil die 100%. U need to shot from the hip, trying your lack and skill.

>I don't agree with this being a tactic I want to see in the game.

Well, I got 1000+ hours of O.I., few pro-players know that hint. They're of course alwayse never 100% chances that the trick is work this time. As I say - Insurgency is a skill and reaction game. If ya want to see it -- I don't know, play O.I., or do it with the friend. This is hidden mechanic, just right the realoading on the start of the round when u can get an extra bullet, that saves live of my spec many times.

>There is a path in every map that allows you to stay out of snipers sight and fight in the close range. Even in Refinery you can choose your paths so that you never have to fight long range.

Okay, I have no problem with it. But u added a modified scopes(2 scope for 1), but they can't be adjusted. Why? Maybe u consider adding that feature?

No CQB?

I'm sorry but the vast majority of my own gunfights are in very tight quarters, especially when playing on or near the objective.

Refinery and Crossing have some decent flanking routes, Farmhouse has semi-predictable lanes, and Precinct and Summit have some of the tightest consistent CQB action in the game.

Furthermore, if you're being out-ranged, for the measly cost of a single point, you too can deny enemy access to their vision. If you really want to be the hero Insurgency needs, pick observer, heavy carrier, 40mm smokes, and 3 smoke grenades.

Congratulations, you have now become a defender's worst nightmare.

Dropshotting is a stupid mechanic and it really doesn't need to be in this game. As for Insurgency Source, I've rarely seen people successfully dropshot. If you react quick enough, it's best just to shoot the guy since one or two shots is all you need. If you don't react quick enough, you'll be dead before you can press Z.

No. They even should reduce the time for prone and shooting after that. The last thing we need in this game is dolphin diving.

@sangon said in Sandstorm mechanics vs. Insurgency mechanics: a few ideas.:

No. They even should reduce the time for prone and shooting after that. The last thing we need in this game is dolphin diving.

Even more? Prone mechanics is simillar to Red Orchestra 2, when u sometimes just can't do it, the Player is doing it soooo slow under fire, so you again push prone button and he's slowing trying get up -- you got shot from mosin rifle. Sometimes, you don't need to push prone button twice, the action is somehow buggy and glitched. And yeah, UT engine too....
With so many snipers, artillery, nades, and other things wanna kill ya -- prone must be number 1 button, - and yes, it's realistic to do fast fall on the ground to save your life.

last edited by ShivInYourBack

@cyoce said in Sandstorm mechanics vs. Insurgency mechanics: a few ideas.:

Dropshotting is a stupid mechanic and it really doesn't need to be in this game. As for Insurgency Source, I've rarely seen people successfully dropshot. If you react quick enough, it's best just to shoot the guy since one or two shots is all you need. If you don't react quick enough, you'll be dead before you can press Z.

It's pro-level, sorry. Kill or be killed.

@shivinyourback said in Sandstorm mechanics vs. Insurgency mechanics: a few ideas.:

@sangon said in Sandstorm mechanics vs. Insurgency mechanics: a few ideas.:

Even more? Prone mechanics is simillar to Red Orchestra 2, when u sometimes just can't do it, the Player is doing it soooo slow under fire, so you again push prone button and he's slowing trying get up -- you got shot from mosin rifle. Sometimes, you don't need to push prone button twice, the action is somehow buggy and glitched. And yeah, UT engine too....
With so many snipers, artillery, nades, and other things wanna kill ya -- prone must be number 1 button, - and yes, it's realistic to do fast fall on the ground to save your life.

Yes even more. Prone mechanic should be used for tactical advantage in tactics not something like a FREE OUT OF JAIL card every time you see an enemy. Prone while someone is shooting 5 m from you should be a dead sentence. And no it's not realistic. It's realistic if you don't know where the shots are coming from and you're pretty sure it's from some distance - when face to face with someone with a gun in a WAR then prone is not real.

And I'm especially against it because it's bugged same as sliding. Netcode doesn't register any hits on the target. It's bugged as hell and is game breaking.

last edited by SanGon

It's pro-level, sorry. Kill or be killed.

I'm not sure what "pro-level" games you've been watching, but it doesn't really make sense to go prone when you see someone. At the highest level of play, they're going to expect that and track you pretty easily. You might as well just hipfire or aim down sights instead of wasting time going prone.