PLEASE! Fix the 3D model for the muzzle devices & magazines!

Please Focus, it looks like we're running around with cartoon weapons atm with those way too long 35 round mags and way waaay too big muzzle devices.

Also what's the point of compensators for weapons that in reality already have very effective compensators to begin with?? (cough AK74 cough)

Totally ruins the immersion.

Fix fast please!

last edited by Wolfram

Yah, they're better than they were in beta, but still need work. And I still hate the Noveske Pig flash hider. Seriously, I thought that fad died 10 years ago ...

I've said before in the beta forums (which seem to be gone now) that rifles should just get a free flash hider or compensator depending on what's already on the gun. Why should I have to spend points to replace the birdcage flashhider on an M-4 with another flash hider? Same with the AK-74 and AKM which already have compensators.

If they were cosmetically optional maybe under taste you can favour the less bulky or ugly ones? Idunno why some double as both comps and flash hiders tho.

In my opinion they should remove the compensator as an option for tke AK74, but leave the recoil reduction it provides (as the real life AK74 actually has a very effective muzzle brake already) and instead simply bump the weapon up in weight from 4 to 5 to be alongside the M4.

As for the AKM, they should allow it with and without compensator, but the compensator should be the real life angled cut one:
alt text

As for all of the rest of the compensators (& flash hiders) ingame, they need to be reduced dramatically in size, as in reality most compensators are only slightly wider than the barrel, being the same size as most flash hiders.
alt text
alt text

Should also note that today the real life M4 carbines (& M16s) comes with a dual purpose compensator/flash hider, where there are only vents on top, reducing muzzle climb and flash at the same time.
alt text

Finally the 35 round mags just need to be reduced to real life size, as what we have ingame right now looks like a 40-50 round mag. A real life 35 round mag looks like this in comparison to the rest:
alt text
alt text

i.e. only slightly bigger than the std. 30 rnd mag.

They could even give the 35 rnd mags that smooth contour as seen above to make it stick out visually from the std. 30 round mags ingame that way.

last edited by Wolfram