My question for the NWI development team.

@tooth-decay They said there is no clear consensus from the community because you and other non-Insurgency """people""" came and fucked up the discussion.

@maa_bunny

Soldiers do not get shot in the heart and continue fighting. Soldiers get shot critically and continue, yes. You take a round through the femoral artery, that's a critical hit. That's also your leg.

I'm oversimplifying reality into a decent set of lethal gameplay mechanics. The bullets don't do any damage currently, more often than not you'll take multiple hits before you go down, as will every single opponent you face.

@SAWCOACH

SVD alongside the FAL are oneshot kills. Learn to read. These guns only need very minor buffs. It's the rest which are by comparison worthless, no wonder your favourite is one of the decent ones, it's no surprise.

last edited by Whitby

I like the time to kill. i don't want it changed.
-character 3rd person animations just need to match up.
-server ping spikes need to be sorted (mostly community servers)
-and people need to learn to control recoil.

People on the topic of TTK still divides into two categories, one wants everything to be one shot kill, another want everything to be two or four shot kills regardless of armor. Right now Light Armor is useless because my naked chest can take two 7.62x39 rounds and two 7.62x51 from MK17 for no reason, and armor makes you slower at movement speed, reaction time and stamina (which means more recoil if you run out of stamina so often). I prefer the INS2 system without AP rounds which no armor gives you the advantage of speed, but can die from every caliber in one shot, and heavy armor protects you a lot more than Sandstorm does currently (This is actually what ARMA 3 has)

@Whitby Maybe you should take your own advise for a change & learn to read

I said I prefer the SVD but have used all weapons at various stages to test

Had no problem killing the enemy with any weapon

@ReeceAUS The ping spikes are caused by servers that are not regularly re-started by their owners

I would say that a minimum needed restart time would be 12 hours. I try & do mine 3 times a day especially for peak night time sessions

last edited by SAWCOACH

@marksmanmax said in My question for the NWI development team.:

I think people seem much tankier due to the decreased damage on limb shots. In Ins2014, getting shot in the arm was pretty much fatal 90% of the time.

This!

@slazenger said in My question for the NWI development team.:

They said there is no clear consensus from the community because you and other non-Insurgency """people""" came and fucked up the discussion.

😃 Now this is what @Tooth-Decay was talking about.

@whitby said in My question for the NWI development team.:

SVD alongside the FAL are oneshot kills. Learn to read. These guns only need very minor buffs.

What are you suggesting as a buff for guns that already kill in one shot?

Soldiers do not get shot in the heart and continue fighting. Soldiers get shot critically and continue, yes. You take a round through the femoral artery, that's a critical hit. That's also your leg.

Not every hit to the chest is going to hit the heart or a major blood vessel. You seem to be missing my point.

Sometimes a single rifle shot to the torso will kill, sometimes multiple shots won't. Both are equally "realistic." Just because sometimes a person can survive one or two shots to the torso does not make the game unrealistic, nor does it mean bullets aren't lethal. It is entirely possible to have a game where not all rifles one-shot to the torso all the time be both realistic and "highly lethal."

@maa_bunny Just look at Escape From Tarkov and tell me how that worked out for Battlestate Games lmao.

While I want Sandstorm to have high lethality, I most importantly want to the game to feel consistent. Consistency is the key.

With AP ammo in Ins2014, you were guaranteed to kill a target in one to two shots with a rifle. 100%. With Sandstorm, I'm never really sure if my gun is actually going to kill the target I'm pointing it at, and that's the issue. I even feel like I have to fire 15-20 rounds of an M249 to drop a target who's sprinting perpendicular from me. It's insane.

@maa_bunny

When I know a rifle round to the heart will never be a kill on an uninjured target, how am I to rationalise that there is any lethality? It's consistently not lethal.

When I know I can run around in an open space like a prick because 2-3 bullets hitting me between each resupply crate is absolutely fine, how am I to rationalise that there is any lethality? It's consistently not lethal.

@slazenger said in My question for the NWI development team.:

@tooth-decay They said there is no clear consensus from the community because you and other non-Insurgency """people""" came and fucked up the discussion.

SOOOooo glad you are gone. Now for the rest of these entitled and childish posts...

The only problems with TTK I get is when I miss. And from spectating other players, that seems to be the main problem most people have with killing things. I suppose more realistic recoil is less important than pseudo-realistic "lethality".

When I know I can run around in an open space like a prick because 2-3 bullets hitting me between each resupply crate is absolutely fine, how am I to rationalise that there is any lethality? It's consistently not lethal.

So Sandstorm IS exactly like Ins2, or is it not? Also:

You're not in the minority for being concerned, I cannot understand why so few people are here on the forums vocalising their frustration.

You seem to be a person full of contradiction.

In PvP?

@maa_bunny

When I know a rifle round to the heart will never be a kill on an uninjured target, how am I to rationalise that there is any lethality?

On an unarmored target it should one-shot (needs to change asap), but if you want to one-tap people why not, you know, grab a battle rifle / sniper rifle that is kind of designed for that purpose?

You should be dead after 3 shots, considering 2 shots from most rifles is fatal even with Heavy Armor on.

@Pakislav

SOOOooo glad you are gone. Now for the rest of these entitled and childish posts...

Nothing wrong with being an asshole but calling "everyone" here entitled / childish doesn't make you look credible.

You seem to be a person full of contradiction.

Whitby in one sentence. I honestly don't know what the man wants.

@jensiii said in My question for the NWI development team.:

In PvP?

Right lmao. Are people shooting at Whitby from 150 meters with handguns or something?

last edited by MarksmanMax

@marksmanmax said in My question for the NWI development team.:

calling "everyone" here entitled / childish

Good thing I didn't, then, eh?

@marksmanmax

Dead after 3 shots? Sometimes. Depends where you got hit, we have limbs too.

Anyway, new TTK needs its own testing.

@marksmanmax

Dead after 3 shots? Sometimes. Depends where you got hit, we have limbs too.

Anyway, new TTK needs its own testing.

Yeah, it's why I think limb shots should be closer to the Ins2014 model. That being said, there is supposedly "limb penetration" so as long as you're aiming for the guy's torso you should technically still hit it. I haven't had the time to test anything, though.'

@Pakislav Yeah technically you didn't actually say everyone lmao. My apologies for that one.

last edited by MarksmanMax