You should be able to vault through intact windows like how you can charge through doors

If you are sprinting and try to vault through a window, you should automatically break and vault through through the window and shatter the glass. This would be a very nice quality of life feature, as too many good soldiers have been killed while trying to hop through a window that wasn’t broken.

No, I think this should be left to action movies. You most likely hurt yourself if you jump through a real window without full protective gear and the right technique.

In military training windows are fully broken first before going in through them.

last edited by Action83

@action83 If you can kick a door open or even off of its hinges simply with a kick and have the possibility of killing/dismembering someone in the process I don’t think this is asking for too much.. Just saying lol.

@planetcanada said in You should be able to vault through intact windows like how you can charge through doors:

@action83 If you can kick a door open or even off of its hinges simply with a kick and have the possibility of killing/dismembering someone in the process I don’t think this is asking for too much.. Just saying lol.

The change would make entering into buildings easier. In my opinion it should require more thought. Everyone expects that someone comes in through doors and not instantly and effortlessly jumps in through intact windows.

last edited by Action83

I guess you guys do have some valid points there... However.. they should at least make it so it's a smoother ordeal. Maybe have it so when you run up to a window you can hit the space bar like you would to vault something and your character will break the window with his gun and then vault through. Anything's better than the current situation where you run up to a window and get stuck..

Let's be real here also.. Once you get used to using your melee button to bust windows you can break a window and vault through fairly quickly anyway. We just need a more streamlined smoother way to do that imo. It's kind of goofy the way it is now. A better animation for breaking the window would be good also. I'd rather see my character hit the window with the stock end of his rifle then the current animation personally. I find the current melee window break rather lame.

last edited by Hossfxr

Jumping through a pane of glass if a lot harder than it seems. I've seen people just bounce off windows. It's hilarious. But, on the other hand, if it's dive through a window or get blown up a grenade - I'm going through the fucking window one way or another.

Hitting the window with the muzzle actually makes more sense. It's metal and a thin object that concentrates force well. A plastic stock is more likely to be damaged, and you don't want to risk getting broken glass in your shoulder.

I'd like jumping through glass left out completely as it's just as stupid (If not more stupid) as being able to kick a door completely off it's hinges to fly back and with enough force to kill a man. Jumping through a glass window would have a higher chance of killing you than a door being kicked into you. Both of these are fuckin stupid and should be left out and removed from the game.

last edited by Sharpeyehodgey

@MAA_Bunny Yea I guess that makes sense. I was thinking a wooden stock in my head but true not all of them are wood. Honestly, I could care less which end of the gun they use... I just know the current animation looks stupid af...

@Sharpeyehodgey You are spot on about the door killing people. That's the dumbest shit I ever seen. I like kicking the doors down though. It's fun as hell. I hope they keep it but they should make it where it just knocks people down rather than killing them.

last edited by Hossfxr

@hossfxr said in You should be able to vault through intact windows like how you can charge through doors:

@Sharpeyehodgey You are spot on about the door killing people. That's the dumbest shit I ever seen. I like kicking the doors down though. It's fun as hell. I hope they keep it but they should make it where it just knocks people down rather than killing them.

or makes their ears ring and does something disorienting to their vision

@dark1202 Fine with me.. Anything except killing people with a door. That's just dumb.