Can we do away with paid cosmetics thanks

Youtube Video

yes it matters that you can pay to skip the grind. it literally destroys the idea of unlocking anything i it can be bought. its cheap and sleazy

They're giving us half the credits we earnt in the alpha when the game goes live. Even factoring in that I haven't played a public game since the user hosted servers became a thing, that's enough credits to dress both my characters in any way I please with over 1,000 points spare. Just because other companies have milked this like a dairy cow which produces chocolate milk doesn't change that NWI are doing it reasonably and fairly. You can just play for a day and buy an entire outfit. 😕

@whitby "NWI are doing it reasonably and fairly."

There is no "doing it fairly" that's a fallacious statement. Stop defending soulless corporations.

last edited by Boocheus

@boocheus

I've had a surprising amount of personal interactions with people who work for NWI as I've played their games for years. I wouldn't describe them as a soulless corporation whatsoever.

If they don't include the ability to purchase the credits would you mind there being a grind based cosmetic unlock system? If not, why do you care if other people choose to fast track themselves with cash?

"I've had a surprising amount of personal interactions with people who work for NWI as I've played their games for years. I wouldn't describe them as a soulless corporation whatsoever."

Well of course a tool like you would completely fall for their corporate speak.

"If they don't include the ability to purchase the credits would you mind there being a grind based cosmetic unlock system?"

I think all cosmetics should be free out of the bat.

last edited by Boocheus

Calling everyone you disagree with is a fallacious statement if anything.

@boocheus said in Can we do away with paid cosmetics thanks:

"I've had a surprising amount of personal interactions with people who work for NWI as I've played their games for years. I wouldn't describe them as a soulless corporation whatsoever."

Well of course a tool like you would completely fall for their corporate speak.

"If they don't include the ability to purchase the credits would you mind there being a grind based cosmetic unlock system?"

I think all cosmetics should be free out of the bat.

Falling for their corporate speak? I've had interactions with NWI back when I was active in the modding community trying to troubleshoot errors and their staff went above and beyond to assist me in ways I never expected. More recently I had an interaction with their marketing team on behalf of a friend who had issues with a key - again - they bent over backwards to ensure our happiness. NWI are not a bunch of suits in a high-rise looking for a way to extricate gold from the peasants, they're a source modding team that were so damned good at what they did they ended up being an Indie developer, which they did so well with such good customer service they've finished up with this publishing deal for Sandstorm. I'll freely criticise the things I think they've done wrong, the TTK, the casualisation of their product, etc. But soulless corporation? No.

You think all cosmetics should be free. No grind, no money? Nothing? Well unfortunately we're at an impass. I hope they continue to expand the cosmetics and give me things to aspire toward.

@boocheus As long as the game works, I dgaf

@boocheus This what cuckoldry leads you to. Nihilist idiot. Im glad the only people who listen to you are your own kind.
Darwinism takes care of the rest.

lol at the salt above me

"You think all cosmetics should be free. No grind, no money? Nothing? Well unfortunately we're at an impass. I hope they continue to expand the cosmetics and give me things to aspire toward."

1. Thats an unfounded statment.

2. I hardley even understood that.

3. Its no use talking to you. You are a complete corporate tool and not worth debating further, you wont be convinced by fact and nether will the idiots above me. Frankly, if i cant do anything about it. I will gladly leave for better games while the manchildren with no standards jerk eachother off. Not a game worth saving.

4. Sorry but you clearly didnt watch the video and nether did anyone here.
    Until someone proves the video wrong. they have nothing on me. Im right, theyre butthurt fanboys. END OF

last edited by Boocheus

@tooth-decay said in Can we do away with paid cosmetics thanks:

@boocheus This what cuckoldry leads you to. Nihilist idiot. Im glad the only people who listen to you are your own kind.
Darwinism takes care of the rest.

When you get so triggered you keep a record of their comments.

Thats unhealthy my dood. Seek help.

last edited by Boocheus

@boocheus Nope. You are cringy and pretentious af. Not even worth trying to convince, people like you are beyond reason.

I've already seen the video, I'm actually a fan of Jim Stirling's work. Your inability to comprehend my reasoning and decision to insult me (instead of requesting I further explain my points) has made for some giggles.

All the best, goodbye and cheerio! ❤

@Boocheus Is a troll. on every fucking thread. Ignore this asshole.

Sigh. I'm not sure why I'm wading into this ...

@boocheus said in Can we do away with paid cosmetics thanks:

Sorry but you clearly didnt watch the video and nether did anyone here.

The video is directed at randomized loot boxes and specifically at the influence of gambling mechanics in games. The (proposed) microtransactions in Sandstorm will not be loot boxes and will not be random, so it's not terribly relevant.

Until someone proves the video wrong. they have nothing on me. Im right, theyre butthurt fanboys.

What we're talking about is largely a matter of opinion. You can't prove an opinion right or wrong, you can only have an honest debate. And an honest debate begins with understanding the other person's opinion.

@boocheus all you do is come on the forums, sling mud and complain about as of yet nonexistent microtransactions. That's literally all you do here. Get a life maybe? I really hope NWI makes a special build for you that's LOADED with microtransactions so that your existence is justified.
I'm pretty sure the entire planet knows that microtransactions are a shit idea, given how EA is faring. We'll worry about them in Sandstorm when and IF they're ever included. Until then, maybe you should open your cake hole and spew something other than bile juice? That is if you have anything else in that rucksack of yours that you call a stomach. Or not, I don't care. As far as I'm concerned, you can shove your opinions up your buttstock. You cringey, pretentious sack of ejected brass.

Hi all. Going to lock this thread as it once again can't be civil.

Please ensure that you are discussing things in a civil and constructive manner. Take this as a first warning everyone here.

Editing to add a comment left by NWI's Jon Higgins on microtransactions:

"Currently there are no micro-transactions in the game and all the cosmetic item prices are subject to change. We are using the Beta to gather information on how fast or slow people acquire cosmetic tokens through normal gameplay as well as which items are most desirable.

At the current rate you should receive 100 appearance credits plus one random item per level (approximately 1hr of gameplay).

In the past we have said that we may add the option post release for fans to buy appearance credit packs, however this will be totally optional for those who want a shortcut. All items will be unlockable through normal gameplay, nothing will be paywalled and there will be no item trading.

Character customization is totally cosmetic and the items have been specifically chosen to not have any impact on gameplay. Rest assured, there will be no pay-to-win items in Sandstorm!"

last edited by Iyagovos

Whoops. Perhaps me editing unlocked it. Done now 🙂