If looks could kill

Apparently in this game they can! I’m getting really tired of seeing someone tucked away and all I can see is the top of their head and their eyes yet somehow through some type of sorcery they are able to shoot and kill me. Then to add insult to injury sometimes this happens after taking a bullet straight to the top of the head or between the fucking eyes. Sorry but it’s really getting old...

@planetcanada said in If looks could kill:

Apparently in this game they can! I’m getting really tired of seeing someone tucked away and all I can see is the top of their head and their eyes yet somehow through some type of sorcery they are able to shoot and kill me. Then to add insult to injury sometimes this happens after taking a bullet straight to the top of the head or between the fucking eyes. Sorry but it’s really getting old...

Its why I dont play the pvp, myself.
I wish the bots were even harder and in larger numbers because I want a hard experience but I dont want enjoy the forehead bullets.

This happens in COOP and I agree, this needs to be addressed.

I think this is a problem with how the models work, because in first person your gun is above the wall you're shooting "through"

@planetcanada "fixing" this would cause even more problems that go the other way - seeing someone and not being able to shoot him because the gun was blocked and you didn't know or you knew but couldn't do anything anyway. Games have to go with either the gun at the level of eyes or lower.
I don't think going with the first in this game is a mistake, if you see someone's head you can shoot him and he can shoot you - it's fair.

I've been killed by bots a few times this way too, all I see is their eyes and forehead poking up over a wall. It's rather annoying. I'd like to see height over bore actually modeled and need to be aware of where my muzzle is.

this has been an issue in nearly every single FPS game in the last 15 years or so. You cant tell me you never encountered this before in other games! Some games are worse than others at it, but its always an issue in some form.

@fearthemoose How ever true that may be that doesn’t mean it’s not time to try and find a solution.. Plus I’ll be honest when I wrote that it had just happened an awful lot during one match and I wanted to mention it. Let’s be real it probably won’t get fixed but once again I wanted it to at least gain a little attention and discussion and it would appear as though it has so my jobs not done but maybe on this issue! 😆