Diff lock setting mod?

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to change the diff lock settings easily (i.e. through a .xml modification) ?

What I would like to do is to modify which axle can be locked, for example the 2 rear axles can be locked but not the front one. This in order to be closer to the real life trucks. I have watched a few youtube videos of Russian logging, and clearly, most of the trucks don't have diff locks on all axles, like in Mudrunner !
So the ideal plan would be to find the info (tech manual?) for some trucks (all of them?), and try to modify the diff lock settings accordingly.

I remember in the first versions of Mudrunner, in hardcore mode, the front axle would not be locked. I believe they modified that with the DLC the Valley, which is a shame... 😞

Thanks!

last edited by minikeum

"I remember in the first versions of Mudrunner, in hardcore mode, the front axle would not be locked. I believe they modified that with the DLC the Valley, which is a shame... "

said thing never happened, maybe you used a RWD truck,

"What I would like to do is to modify which axle can be locked, for example the 2 rear axles can be locked but not the front one"

sorry but thats not possible, you can only change the difflock from None to always locked in the xml right in the truck data section (check the Gaz66 for reference)

I wish you could do that because IRL most 4x4 (not daily driving off road trucks) have a welded rear diff and a lockable front axle

back in Spintires Legace the Master LRnR figured how to make the diff act as a LSD but the code was re made and that option was un aveilable (its more a code that a actual option but yeah it was taken out because Spintires)

Edit: I double posted 😞

last edited by Forces

Thanks for your reply! It's a shame it's not possible... Most off road games I played beside Spintires let you choose which axle you lock...

Regarding the change after the Valley DLC, I found that old thread:
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/5055/spintires-mudrunner-the-valley-is-now-available/2?page=1
First page, it says in the change log: "Steering Wheels Differential Lock in hardcore mode will now behave the same way as in casual mode."
I am not 100% sure anymore (you make me doubt 🙂 ) but I remember that the front axle were not locked in hardcore, although my memory could play me some tricks...

last edited by minikeum

@minikeum its never been changed mainly because PZ has been too lazy to not change the lua code

@minikeum i've been in this and the past spintires games (tech demo,Intel Level UP demo 09,tech demo with Combine Tools,tech demo from oovee (with mods),Legacy,FullGame and Mud runner) that never happened, either you drove the Zil 130 or the Krazz 256 wich are RWD (and the Zil doesnt has a Difflock at all in mud runner but it had it on spintires)

what he means about IRL behavior is that the damage in the diffs now stop yours truck or stalls it when getting damaged or gets hot/red faster when you have allot of load on one tire and the other has low to 0 traction (its faster red)