Minor sugg: K9000 annoying crane sound

2 mins with the k9000 and I already hate it. When Im operating the crane, the rear noise is constantly turned on and I think it shouldnt be this way. its very annoying.

Another minor suggestion is that, if you put those red exclamation points in the vehicle selection warning about offroad for the new trucks, you kinda should do the same for the C255 and the B130.

You meant c 256? But its also off road truck, compare and test drive it with bizon, its obvious)

And it should have lights on the crane arm, cant see anything in the night. Originally they have several 1000 meter's lights around the cabin, so the driver can see everything. The same with reverse lights.

I played with the other tractor, the Skidder and it also has a permanent sound when using the crane. please, remove this permanent beep when yo use the crane in any vehicle that has it, its very annoying.

As dragonb1988 said, the light in the crane of the k-9000 is also missing.

BTW the Skidder is almost impossible to use for loading, cannot raise it above the trailers, it would help if it could raise the arm more.

@Stazco the C256 isnt AWD, just diff lock. And it has highway tires.

last edited by Araxp

i dont hear any sound when useing the crane, only sound i hear is the engine running,

You get the beeping sound if you are reversing to the place you are picking up logs. If you drive a little forward so it stands in 1'st gear, before using advanced mode. It disappear.
That's what I found out. But still very annoying.

And another thing. (I know I posted it in another topic)
Why is there no work lights on the K-9000 Forwarder and K-8900 Skidder.
When operating the crane in advance mode we can't see anything in the dark.
And it should have lights on the crane arm, cant see anything in the night. Originally they have several 1000 meter's lights around the cabin, so the driver can see everything. The same with reverse lights.
And the Front blade on both K-9000 and K-8900 should have opportunity to lower and lift when driving. Have some kind of external manage control. Instead of having to stop,adjust it and move few meters, and then stop and adjust again.

last edited by dragonb1988

@araxp
I dont believe skidder is used for loading in RL. If so - we dont need it here.
Plain kraz c 256 chassis on its highway tires is still can be used for off road, you dont need a winch at all. Usa 6×4 without load are dependent on winch, so thats why c256 dont need a "not for off road" reminder.
Zil 130 - yes, it needs.

@stazco the problem is that if the skidder is not used for loading, whats its purpose? also, idk if you have noticed, but in every single official map, it always spawns a k700 with a claw. in the two new maps it happens the same, just that instead it spawns either a skidder or a k9000 with a claw, which kinda implies that the skidder is used for loading.

i actually can load long logs by the rear of the truck using the skidder, tho its not easy at all... and if it could raise more the arm, i could load all kinds of logs from the side, like with the k700. in other words, if the arm could be raised more the skidder would go from useless to useful.

@Stazco
@Araxp

A skidder was never meant to be a loader. It’s for hauling logs out of very heavy eniviroments. And that’s what i use it for.
Haul the logs from the log kiosk to a good path where my Truck waits with a crane to load up these logs.

last edited by Eversman

@alpscruiser said in Minor sugg: K9000 annoying crane sound:

@Stazco
@Araxp

A skidder was never meant to be a loader. It’s for hauling logs out of very heavy eniviroments. And that’s what i use it for.
Haul the logs from the log kiosk to a good path where my Truck waits with a crane to load up these logs.

I have to agree with you, but what I said also holds... If we could raise the arm a bit more we could use to load directly.

Skidder is the skidder, for moving logs, and not for loading or making new roads. Watch an American loggers)
We love mr for being close to rl, and not for any exploits like loading uaz to trailer by k700)
And i didnt saw k700 loading logs in youtube...but i've seen similar not-russian vehicles used for unloading trucks and making piles of logs in limber yards.

If the Skidder is just for moving logs, then we have a problem.Cause when you start a game just with one vehicle (Scout vehicle) The game sometimes spawns only the Skidder,Bison and Ford where you can't attach any cranes.What are you supposed to do then?Quit the game and restart until spawns a Western-Star or a Freightliner? You can load short logs and long logs with the Skidder but it's not easy at all as mentioned 🙂

last edited by epstetique

@epstetique said in Minor sugg: K9000 annoying crane sound:

If the Skidder is just for moving logs, then we have a problem.Cause when you start a game just with one vehicle (Scout vehicle) The game sometimes spawns only the Skidder,Bison and Ford where you can't attach any cranes.What are you supposed to do then?Quit the game and restart until spawns a Western-Star or a Freightliner? You can load short logs and long logs with the Skidder but it's not easy at all as mentioned 🙂

I didnt think about that. As I said in russian maps a k700 always spawn to avoid this problem.
I also find weird that these trucks cannot attach a crane since they have a ton of room left in back of the cabin.

BTW anyone else noticed that the only way to carry medium logs is through the trailer? Cant carry them with a log cart.

@araxp That's correct about K700.And in the current situation described you have to avoid picking up the medium logs with the skidder.Because for transporting the medium logs there's only a log cart available which is closed with metal bars from both sides and there is no way to squeeze the logs in it.
If you got no crane it's only short or long logs for pick up with a struggle.

@epstetique Ford and Fred trucks have crane.