Map making crash when using "mud" tool, help?

So I am running into some issues trying to make a custom map and was hoping someone could help me with a solution or explain what is causing this.

I am running the editor through the brand new STMod v1.8 and as soon as I use the "mud" tool and when I finish and it rebuilds terrain my editor crashes at the "InitBlockHeightmap" of the 9 stages of the terrain rebuild. How can I avoid this as I would like to add mud and it is the only thing causing a crash, I have uninstalled the editor and re-installed to try and fix the issue with no luck. Any help would be appreciated

last edited by Berylz

Mines doing the same, 1.7.9 it was fine. I laid down both "Automatic" and "Extrudes" and then clicked off to make it appear, had a lot of errors in the logs then it crashed with a dump file.

@digital-x said in Map making crash when using "mud" tool, help?:

Mines doing the same, 1.7.9 it was fine. I laid down both "Automatic" and "Extrudes" and then clicked off to make it appear, had a lot of errors in the logs then it crashed with a dump file.

Seems like an issue with v1.8 then. Great...

Have reverted back to v1.7.9 to edit my maps now.

Issue is gone with v1.7.9, so it seems I will have to wait for another STMod update since v1.8 will not allow me the use of mud.

Yeah I'm baffled why 1.8.0 does that with mud.

@digital-x said in Map making crash when using "mud" tool, help?:

Yeah I'm baffled why 1.8.0 does that with mud.

Yea thanks for confirming that for me, was driving me nuts for an hour or two while I tried to find a solution.

No worries.

I don't understand what's changed, and not sure how to contact this Alex guy. Seeing as I don't speak a lick of Russian will not be helping matters.

@digital-x

I was thinking of doing the same but I as well speak zero Russian and google translate can only get you so close as to what you are trying to say. Hopefully some people in the Russian community figure this out soon and get in touch with him.