Too low recoil when prone and crouching

I think both prone and crouching reduce weapon recoil too much. Recoil would be more realistic if prone had the current crouch recoil.

Prone recoil

• Increase to current crouch recoil level.

Crouch recoil

• Increase to between standing and prone.
  • Recoil should be reduced only if you're stationary as then you get support from your knees.

There's not enough recoil at all in this game. MP7 feels more like an AK and vice versa. (unless they've changed the MP7, haven't checked.)

last edited by pieck

@action83 said in Too low recoil when prone and crouching:

• Recoil should be reduced only if you're stationary as then you get support from your knees.

But then what's the point of crouch walking? What's the point of crouching at all when going prone is better? Right now, the only advantage of crouching is that you can stay mobile with the benefit.

@cyoce Who the hell IRL crouches as they clear buildings? Do you know how useless and tiring that would be? The only useful application of crouching in this game should be when you have low cover that you need to get behind, or when you’re sitting there and you don’t have much intention of moving. This game has a terrible meta of having to crouch as you fire at someone if you want to hit anything.

last edited by Tooth Decay

@cyoce said in Too low recoil when prone and crouching:

Right now, the only advantage of crouching is that you can stay mobile with the benefit.

Right now, crouching turns every gun in Sandstorm into a laser. It's actually a greater recoil reduction than using a Foregrip and Compensator. It's insanity.

Prone recoil should probably be increased a bit. I don't want EFT levels of zero-recoil when prone.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@cyoce said in Too low recoil when prone and crouching:

@action83 said in Too low recoil when prone and crouching:

But then what's the point of crouch walking? What's the point of crouching at all when going prone is better? Right now, the only advantage of crouching is that you can stay mobile with the benefit.

Being in cover and being able to move around and being able to uncrouch instantly to a sprint???

Since when did people walk around on a squat irl?

@ziggylata
Of course, did you skip leg day? 😉 The more arcadey they make Sandstorm like the ins2, the better regarding speed imho.

The point of crouching in real life is to make you a smaller target and get behind lower cover, with the added benefit of being able to support a rifle on your knee. I wholeheartedly agree with the idea that there should be no recoil reduction when moving crouches. Actually, it could be a little worse than standing, as it's more difficult to leverage core and leg body mechanics to absorb recoil while moving in a crouch.

I've done CQB while crouching before, it's doable, but it is hella hard on the legs after a while.