Upcoming Map Release: Scenic Island Trails

I've been working hard to get all of this custom stuff to work correctly with steam uploads. With this map I want to change the entire scene of what things look like in the game. I plan on releasing this very soon. I would love to see what you guys think! alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text

as said in my comments on steam, i am digging this jungle look a lot. will be cool to play it once finished. 👍🏽

@8up-local I'm honestly just waiting on them to add the USA elements into the editor.

good lookin map man,good job

@roughrider Yes i hope they add those elements real soon lots of cool models on the new maps.

last edited by SmarOneNine

Love the change of scenery, looks really good so far...keeping an eye out for the release. Great job man thanks for sharing.

@RoughRider
looks great

I don´t know why but it remembers me a lot of the "Nowhere" Map for ST Demo 2013.
This was a great map with a nice story behind it.

NOWHERE

Youtube Video

That's incredible. Are the palm trees a 3D "object" Editor model or under "Plants" ?

@alpscruiser Wow. I remember playing that map. That was one of the maps that had me hooked on Spintires for life.

@digital-x These are "plants" but I have them coded so that they are useable in distributions.

@smaronenine said in Upcoming Map Release: Scenic Island Trails:

@roughrider Yes i hope they add those elements real soon lots of cool models on the new maps.

@Iyagovos When will we get to use the new content properly in the editor?

@roughrider I'm working on finding out for you now, and will let you know as soon as I do.

@iyagovos I didn't want to come across as needy and impatient, I figured someone at saber just forgot to press the upload button lol.

@roughrider said in Upcoming Map Release: Scenic Island Trails:

@Iyagovos When will we get to use the new content properly in the editor?

Did you try and unpack the 'new' media.zip, meshcache.zip and texturecache.zip into the editor? If the assets are in the new DLC, they should be available to you already.

last edited by Tattoo

@tattoo That's true to an extinct. But... there are a few things that the editor can use that are only availble by the original creator. Like changes to brush.xml and _templates. I didn't want to finagle my way into getting it to work.

@roughrider said in Upcoming Map Release: Scenic Island Trails:

@tattoo That's true to an extinct. But... there are a few things that the editor can use that are only availble by the original creator. Like changes to brush.xml and _templates. I didn't want to finagle my way into getting it to work.

Right. I see what ya mean now. There are occlusion maps and things not included in the dlc.zip.

Omg that map is just awesome.... what a Jungle feeling... thx u so much for this one...

@ewgenij84 Glad you enjoyed it. I'm pretty proud of it.