Vaulting has to go(Update: It need to be buffed)

It's so slow that mostly gets killed by enemy peeking out of corner.

Seriously, the original jumping mechanic is kinda less messy.

Edit:

Alright everyone likes it but it needs buff.

Please remove rough edges! It hurts!

last edited by chraso

@chraso if you get killed while vaulting, I question the timing of your vaults.

There is only one issue I have with vaulting, and that is finding the spot to click on a small window. We can vault over it but when you are running to the window and run against the wall you tend to slide left or right. This is really the only issue I have which makes vaulting iffy in a situation that requires more precise timing and aiming of where you are looking. This issue takes away from the game as its not a skill issue but an issue with the way the mechanic was implemented.
Outside if this issue, I love vaulting. You can even hip fire while vaulting making it entirely possible to protect yourself while performing this.

Yep. It's terrible.

Half the time you have to attempt a vault multiple times, assuming it doesn't vault you back the way you came from.

Ever try getting over an obstacle wearing 60 pounds of gear and holding a rifle? It's not a super fast process. I think the speed of vaulting is totally fine, and it's not something you should be doing under fire.

I agree with @max80 though, finding the right spot to vault in some cases can be really frustrating.

@chraso said in Vaulting has to go:

It's so slow that mostly gets killed by enemy peeking out of corner.

Seriously, the original jumping mechanic is kinda less messy.

I don't think vaulting needs to go. I really like the mechanic. I just think it needs to be drastically sped up, or at least you should be able to vault faster if you're carrying less weight.

I don't like that you have to like search the surface of the object you're vaulting over to find that sweet spot where the icon pops up, letting you vault.

As mentioned, when trying to vault through windows I often just slide along the wall instead, it's weird. Don't see why you'd want vaulting gone though. It's very useful to be able to enter rooms at unorthodox angles, instead of everyone just cramming through the same doors like happened in previous Insurgency.

So just dump the whole mechanic because it's got some rough edges that could easily be sanded off?

Besides, you can still use crouch jumps to get over obstacles and bypass the vaulting animation. I do it all the time.

@quadsword said in Vaulting has to go:

So just dump the whole mechanic because it's got some rough edges that could easily be sanded off?

Besides, you can still use crouch jumps to get over obstacles and bypass the vaulting animation. I do it all the time.

Yea I don't think it should go, it just needs serious polishing.

@quadsword said in Vaulting has to go(Update: It need to be buffed):

I've done this too, it shows how useless vaulting is currently.

last edited by Glenn