Primary weapons should have a sling

Visually it looks better and makes sense, i sometimes wonder how they hold the weapons on their chest and stuff(magnets i guess), its been really lacking from the past games and i hope you guys can add it to also improve on the characters and so on. Oh and also rocket launchers.

last edited by FreedN

@freedn said in Primary weapons should have a sling:

Visually it looks better and makes sense, i sometimes wonder how they hold the weapons on their chest and stuff(magnets i guess), its been really lacking from the past games and i hope you guys can add it to also improve on the characters and so on. Oh and also rocket launchers.

Interesting idea like DoI but if you combined that with QuickDraw holsters I feel like the game would get rather ridiculous lmao.

@marksmanmax

Yeah like just as default, it shouldnt cost supply points or affect the draw speed, its just those little details that improve the visuals and inmersion.

Yea literally everyone uses a sling anyway.

It's so rare for games to portray slings properly, it's annoying. Small details do a lot to add to the game, some extra immersion at (hopefully) a small cost for the devs.

@togfan said in Primary weapons should have a sling:

Small details do a lot to add to the game

Yes, absolutely. There's so many videos on youtube about like comparing game animations of guns to reality and stuff and I always like the ones where people talk about how good the insurgency or doi animations are.

@togfan said in Primary weapons should have a sling:

It's so rare for games to portray slings properly, it's annoying. Small details do a lot to add to the game, some extra immersion at (hopefully) a small cost for the devs.

I agree.

I would guess that slings are hard to model. They're dynamically moving pieces of fabric, getting them to move realistically and not clip through things I would bet is a huge pain.

@maa_bunny Yeah that is the thing, animating them is huge work, but our friend Mr.Brightside is going to keep improving on them right >).

Edit: Although physics based objects are easier to animate on some softwares though, atleast from blender i remember you could make a dynamic simulation then add that to the animation by itself, its definitely not as hard as actually animating hand movements and stuff, but still time consuming, although some weapons are very similar in size so they could be reused with minor tweaking. It would be pretty darn awesome to see in the game, like some melee takedowns as well :), good thing about NWI is they keep improving on games a lot after release, hoping to also see full body awareness post release.

last edited by FreedN

@maa_bunny said in Primary weapons should have a sling:

I would guess that slings are hard to model. They're dynamically moving pieces of fabric, getting them to move realistically and not clip through things I would bet is a huge pain.

Good point.