video spintires mudrunner america wild

@stazco
I'm not sure what you're trying to say there, but I prefer maps where detours make more sense, for example due to a significant natural obstacle or at least a forest in the way that someone decided to preserve. Long Ridge has some small dirt slopes that aren't climbable but where a road could easily be made which is what I found annoying.

This new map, shown in stream, is a scavenge map. Good!
One thing worries me - all scav points are located near each other in center of the map.

I believe it will be too easy, dont you think?
(I enjoy the ridge catching logs around full map, total mileage is more than 50 km)

last edited by Stazco

@unster it was sarcasm about our russian global policies, we have huge and populated regions like Yakutia or many others, reachable only at winter time or by plane. And state dont have money for bridges, but there are plenty of it for crimea bridge and some war games...
As for temporary bridges in forests - no, i just don't know, I wasn't there in real life and didn't see these maps. But in youtube you mainly see people wasting time and vehicles, fighting with the raw roads and water streams, that they never turn to normal roads or bridges due winter specific (in summer its almost impossible to make a road - deeep mud and swamps), or economical expediency (short tasks, like we have in MR), or due bad planning and priorities (see above).

last edited by Stazco

Does anyone know the price of American wilds? Also will American wilds be encrypted? Encrypted meaning we can't mod the vehicles? I know farming simulator does this to the dlcs.

@muddman
I doubt it. Past DLC's have been moddable. I only mod to make things more realistic (like the D-538's torque), not to cheat or overpower a vehicle.

@stazco said in video spintires mudrunner america wild:

As for temporary bridges in forests - no, i just don't know, I wasn't there in real life and didn't see these maps. But in youtube you mainly see people wasting time and vehicles, fighting with the raw roads and water streams, that they never turn to normal roads or bridges due winter specific (in summer its almost impossible to make a road - deeep mud and swamps), or economical expediency (short tasks, like we have in MR), or due bad planning and priorities (see above).

Of course. I certainly wouldn't expect paved roads everywhere there's logging. That would be expensive & ridiculous. But if a small wooden bridge would save the truckers a huge amount of time & fuel, I could see it getting built, since it would be worth it.

This post is deleted!

@zamal said in video spintires mudrunner america wild:

@unster yes but add real fog and real haziness, dont just take color out of game, its stupid and not mechanic u can praise, just a cheap shot "shortcut" they took, to achieve lets say real russian environment look.

and also in all advertising that was done for this game, u can see in all them trailers game does not look that dull, its actually bright with lots of orange and green, why is that can u tell me? is there explanation for it..

Your and others' comments on the lack of color in MR got me doing some tests with my monitor last night and I have to agree that MR is unnecessarily desaturated of color. I increased my saturation from 50 to 70% and MR looks so much better. Even the fall scenes now have nice colors, especially around sunrise and sunset. So until the devs do something about the color if they ever do, that's one solution for now. On my monitor I saved a separate setting just for MR, since the same setting would be over-saturated for other games.

@unster You can do this on your Graphics card driver and save it as a profile. I don't like to mess around with my monitor buttons since they are so fragile.

Guys, you would deffinitly want to check this out
Youtube Video

@deathcoreboy1 oh, at first glance i thought it was another dlc announced for mudrunner.. good game tho but kebab graphics xD. something to occupy me in Sim Genre before mudrunner 2 hits the shelves i guess

ill wishlist this bastard.

@zamal Yeah, at least it's another option! I allways say that SCS has to much power in the market just because there are no better options. But somehow, SCS games don't convince me. It's like the physics are awfull and the drawing distance is waaayy to short. Hell, even Hard Truck: King of the Road has better physics that SCS games and it's a game from 2003 I think.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@deathcoreboy1 agreed, remember playing their 18 wheel or something trucking game alongside with bus driving game when i was a lil boy, it was fascinating back then but not a single thing has impressed me from any new content, that they have put out all those years. wev only 1 option, to just wait and see what does 2nd MR bring.

Interesting...glimpse of career mode, diff things to transport, seasons, some micromanagement. If it hits xbox - i ll try the demo.
Weak graphics and most probably physics may ruin it in comparison with great MR.

last edited by Stazco

@zamal When I discovered 18WOS Across America, I was Playing King of the Road and it was way superior, but then NSK Sftlab stopped developing games and I had to stick to 18WOS series. By the time NSK Softlab released Rig n' Roll, SCS already had ETS2 which were years ahead of it. Boom!! NSK was killed. Sincec then, trucking sim has ever got close to SCS series. I had hopes on "On The Road" but so far, not enough to even play it.
I allways thougt that Russians get the physics engines better that anyone else...
Did you guys ever played Hard Truck 2: King of the Road?
Youtube Video

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@knight25 the western star 6900xd is heavy duty. The XD stands for extreme duty

@fabio-brasil Thx Fabio!!!
As for challenges and k9000- i like it! Finally we' ve got a challenge that takes 30 min...in mr they were 10 minutes maximum, and it was not serious.
K9000 is great, 8×8 with lowest fuel consumption (zero extra weight, it dont need to move f.cking rockets), 7 load points, nice!)

As for maps - i cant stand this language (sorry for that), and dont want to spoil vehicles locations.
I noticed a couple things during rewind- both new maps are scavenge, and on PC video interior of blazer is like in minecraft, pixelated. Truck was ok. PlayStation video dont show blazer interior. But i hope its becouse of pc settings...
So if you noticed smth new or interesting - please share it here)

last edited by Stazco

@fabio-brasil Is there any video showing the plow in action? It's the only thing that interests me in AW.