Can we have some more SMGs and LMGs?

Choices in both of these departments are rather thin at the moment.

The UMP45 could work well as the security's counterpart to the insurgents' slow firing Uzi. Likewise, something like a PPSh would work well for the insurgent counterpart to the security's bullet hose MP7.

I think something like an M27 for security and RPK-74 for insurgents would work well as lighter, more mobile alternatives to the slow, bulky M249 and PKM.

I'd say MP40 not PPSh, no one uses PPShs anymore. UMP45 seems like a cool thing to give to the advisor class for security. I think Insurgent Advisor is in dire need of some unique Soviet/Chinese weaponry.

Yea, but does anyone use the UMP anymore either?

@amurka Yea a bunch of countries do. Notably the US Border Patrol uses the UMP 40 (chambered for .40 rounds). I feel like most countries use a UMP 9 or 45 though.

SIG SG 550 variants might be cool like the 552 Commando. I think the 553 is relatively recent so its not used a lot.

AAC Honeybadger with the .300 AAC rounds is also badass.

last edited by thehappybub

@thehappybub So....cops. Cops use it now. That tells me that militaries are getting rid of them, because cops always buy up military surplus.

@amurka I guess you're right, its still a cool smg though. What would you think about some of the Chinese smgs for the insurgents? Like the Type 64/67/69/85?

I don't know much about chinese weapons. What I do know, though, is that I hope they spend their time adding night vision, night maps, flashlights, and better bot pathing before they start spending dev time on new guns.

I'd honestly prefer the Mac 10 over the Uzi for insurgents (but that's my personal preference) I also think Molotovs need a total visual rework for the flame, and that flashbangs need to be buffed or removed (possibly even 2 f-bangs per slot) but now I'm getting off topic.

@amurka said in Can we have some more SMGs and LMGs?:

better bot pathing before they start spending dev time on new guns

More like just reworking the bot AI in general. Their basic behavior is bonkers.

I agree, better bot system in place first. The content the game has in place now is darn near perfect. It leaves me in total content even though I would normally want more.

@zafer said in Can we have some more SMGs and LMGs?:

The content the game has in place now is darn near perfect.

I agree, though I'm still kind of baffled as to how NWI thought porting the AI from ins2 was an acceptable idea.