Being able to select team in COOP

Seems to be a very basic thing, but why can't I make my own choice about what side I want to play in Coop? Just wan't to be able to play Security when i feel like playing Security and vice versa. I hate being forced into a side.
Let's say which ever character is chosen in the main menu will be the side that you will be put into when dropped in the game.

@cheshire-catnip said in Being able to select team in COOP:

Seems to be a very basic thing, but why can't I make my own choice about what side I want to play in Coop? Just wan't to be able to play Security when i feel like playing Security and vice versa. I hate being forced into a side.
Let's say which ever character is chosen in the main menu will be the side that you will be put into when dropped in the game.

In that case it wouldn´t be a classic COOP game ( Player Versus Environment ) any longer. If you can choose which side you want to play play Versus game mode ( Player Versus Player )
Learn to live with the decision of the server admin who determines the server settings

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

@gsg_9_lightning
I think the OP is saying that he would like there to be separate queues for Security Checkpoint and Insurgent Checkpoint so that he can garauntee that it will be the variant he wants to play at that time rather than having the server randomly decide if it will be security or insurgent checkpoint. I think this was a feature in DOI iirc.

Probably would be best if this was in the matchmaking preferences so that those who don’t care could queue for both.

@eyeofhorus said in Being able to select team in COOP:

Probably would be best if this was in the matchmaking preferences so that those who don’t care could queue for both.

Yeah, this is best.

@eyeofhorus Yes that is what I meant, thank you. And I think your suggestion is wonderful. It's more of a role play element really, but also should be easy to implement so would be nice to have.

Add that to the PVP as well, i wish i could be able to play as Insurgents always.

@vengefulmosquito
Gonna have to disagree with this one. This would be significantly harder to implement, because it’s not like there’s “security firefight” like there is “security checkpoint.”
You’re just going to have to use team swap when it’s implemented (along with team auto-balance please).
Besides, there’s a side swap in all of the pvp modes (except skirmish? Can’t remember...) so you end up playing both sides anyway.