Free-look?

I know it's a lot to ask, but I wanted it so bad in the source version but it just wasn't really plausible, but now we're in Unreal, so...

Me too, make it happen!

What's the point? Unless you're referring to looking up/down/below/to the sides while prone or bipoded.

last edited by cyoce

@cyoce All good reasons, plus many more.

@resolama1 Free look would be cool. I don't see reasons not to... Reasons for could be like realism or being able to look around while prone without like gliding your body around lol.

maybe they'll make it slower or do it like heroes and generals where it's a sort of hybrid.

Basically, free look has no negative effects on anybody. If you don't like it just don't use it.
Obviously some people really want it (including me) and I don't think it is very difficult to add

I support that proposal to implement free-look too !
It raises the immersion and provides better cover while in a proned position.

@cyoce

@pacalis said in Impossible bots detection capability in peripheral vision:

That could be a cool feature which would improve pvp tactics as well if used as a feature on both bots and human players (usually referred to as free look I believe). For example in Arma 3 or DayZ, you can hold down a button and then move your mouse to change the direction of your head/view but still be running in direction prior to holding down said button. This resulted in the ability to scan entryways, windows etc. but still run past it without losing momentum. I greatly appreciated that feature and would like to see it in games like Sandstorm.

In Sandstorm on the other hand, your view is locked in the moving direction, so that your character moves with it, also resulting in being unnatural detectable by other players as the human hunter brain is so sensitive to movement. Implemented in bots as well would again demand more work I would guess (maybe some debugging with bots wagging their head like chickens=D )

Just googled it, and other players have requested it as well in human players.