Vehicle list for american wilds dlc

So on the official website in small print they list the 7 vehicles for AW. I’m curious about the initial post of 9 vehicles and now 7. For a minute it said both 9 and 7 on the official site. My first guess was that 2 of the vehicles would be in map only but I wonder if they plan on a small free dlc like in the past, adding a map and 2 vehicles however the community manager stated he wasn’t aware of any further dlc work since attention is shifting to mudrunner 2. What do you guys think, could be as simple as a copyright agreement falling through Or a typo? 0_1537469119044_C981AFC2-B243-421D-B7DD-8839ACABCE6B.png

And no tractor like truck, something similar to the k-700?

no 8x8? no tracktor to load up trucks with lumber? who need another scout vehicle like ford f150 wev already got 5... replace f150 with chevrolet titan

AND MOST importantly We need oshkosh hemtt with beige color thats a MUST people raise ur voice

last edited by zamal

@zamal said in Vehicle list for american wilds dlc:

people raise ur voice

This is Pavel's game, not yours or mine or any other player's. If HE does not want these changes/vehicles/whatever-the-players-ask-for in HIS game, they will not appear. He does not listen to anyone.

Makes wonder, with 3 out of the 7 vehicles being scout trucks, if the new maps will have a trail riding focus along with the logging

ffs, people have been asking for exactly this... american wilds is pretty much fan service, now we're going to complain about how much it doesn't resemble the original game?

@grubdumpling sorry but i was not asking for raptors and lamborghinies my friend

raptors and lamborghinies

One of these is not american.

I'm not too surprised there aren't any giant military vehicles in american wilds, because spintires is a simulation, and in north america there's highways everywhere and logging companies build temporary roads to truck the trees out. These roads do get a little rough, but not oshkosh hemtt rough.

I'm a bit disappointed about the missing tractor, but i'm interested in seeing how the maps are designed.

@grubdumpling well then it seems like america is worst option for mudrunner, cause its about logs and mud not about highways and ferraries

P.S. sorry coudnt remember good american sports car manufacturer.. wait u dont have one

american sports car manufacturer.. wait u dont have one

I'm also not american.

no 8x8? no tracktor to load up trucks with lumber? who need another scout vehicle like ford f150 wev already got 5... replace f150 with chevrolet titan

AND MOST importantly We need oshkosh hemtt with beige color thats a MUST people raise ur voice

What is a Chevy Titan🤣

@knight25 said in Vehicle list for american wilds dlc:

people raise ur voice

This is Pavel's game, not yours or mine or any other player's. If HE does not want these changes/vehicles/whatever-the-players-ask-for in HIS game, they will not appear. He does not listen to anyone.

but yet if it was not for people like us Pavel most likely would not even have a game to make. after all the original spintires idea Pavel had, needed to be changed to make the game sellable to the public. if they want to keep selling this title to the public then they should be listening to us, to a certain degree anyway. if memory serves me correctly there was little to the game in the beginning, but to make a profit from it being a game a lot of things had to be changed from the original idea Pavel started with. so to say that it is "his" game you would be correct to a point, but after that it is "our" game, the public. so if we the public are not happy with a product being made then chances are we would not buy it, so if they want us to keep buying the game/title then they should be listening to us the public, if not then they might end up with a product no one wants to buy. would you agree?

@8up-local
I pretty much agree with you, but take into a consideration this idea (it is not mine, it is mentioned somewhere on "Extra credits" channel on YT (I recomend to watch), but anyway):
reason why game developers seem to NOT listening to ideas from community/random strangers/whoever else is because EVERYBODY has ideas. They probably have more their own ideas than they are able adress (for whatever reasons).
Does it sound feasible?

@Sodoma agreed, everyone has ideas. I've been firmly in the camp of "no 1/2 ton pickups" because of how they don't offer more than existing scout vehicles, but others have insisted they want to trail in a pickup. Regardless of my personal tastes it's pretty cool to see vehicles popular in mods being implemented for american wilds, and judging from the vehicle selection there seems to be a possibility of a new angle of gameplay in the forthcoming maps. We'll see in time, but at the end of the day i'm just happy to get new content, and from past experience i'm not worried about game balance.

Edit: removed inflammatory comment

last edited by grubdumpling

So no ideas as to why the vehicle count went down to 7? And just to clarify, I’m not trying to complain about anything. Just trying to toss around ideas

@stirmygnat said in Vehicle list for american wilds dlc:

So no ideas as to why the vehicle count went down to 7? And just to clarify, I’m not trying to complain about anything. Just trying to toss around ideas

Probably just a conflict between ambition and deadlines. Maybe they planned for 9, but realized there are a couple trucks that won't be finished enough to meet the deadline.

Edit: lol "finished enough"... when did games stop shipping completed? Now with updates and dlc a game can ship mostly complete.

last edited by grubdumpling

@grubdumpling Trucks for this DLC are promised to be licenced. That brings holder of rights into a discussion (another camp that has to be satisfied) so some issue in this area is also possible...

@sodoma agreed, this is why the game maker should do what they have planned, but also should be open to adding things the public wants or needs. however the reality is most things wanted from the public is a bit more or the wrong direction the makers want to go or can do. so i do not blame the makers for "not listening" shall we say, to what all the public wants, but given a bit of time those things that the public actually wants and/or needs will start to become more clear and that is when the makers and the community start "working together" instead of just listening to each other. it is just the normal process imo and the game will grow better because of it. we all (devs and community) just need to keep that goal in our sights.

List is available in neighbor topic - video of aw (stream happened)