Coop... Just AI?

Not a fan of always playing with others... kinda like the idea of a SP esk version... Shouldnt be too much of a stretch as the LAN game mode works just like this... Would be nice to make some XP doing this... Or have everything unlocked maybe please... Just a simple expansion to have it so we could play offline if our internet is down... your servers go down... or stem is down... or zombies invade and we just wanna hide in our hovels and shoot terrorist...

Cheers for the game... It's already very solid and the improvements listed look great...

@derpanzergraf said in Coop... Just AI?:

Would be nice to make some XP doing this...

But he wants to level just like the rest of us, but by only playing local (which currently gives no XP)

@amurka it shouldnt give xp. It will be exploited. If solo play is done offline I give it a week before hack sites begin offering a hack to xp your way up in 10 minutes to unlock everything.

@max80 said in Coop... Just AI?:

@amurka it shouldnt give xp. It will be exploited. If solo play is done offline I give it a week before hack sites begin offering a hack to xp your way up in 10 minutes to unlock everything.

Agreed, local play should NOT award XP, never, that would be just silly, especially when Bot difficulty levels can be set later on and the, as said, abuse that will surely follow. It would be somewhat okay if the XP and awards coming with Local Play show up only in Local play, completely separate from the ranks in coop and mp. Meaning if this leveled up Local Play player goes online to play coop or mp he has to begin from scratch again.

last edited by Valerian

@valerian

Yeah that makes sense. Seperate award system would solve that. I agree.

and why is that a problem? I don't see how that affects other people's games?

last edited by tourist

@tourist

So you are ok with people downloading hacks or using exploits to unlock everything in local/solo? No, you should have a seperate xp system with seperate unlocks. 1 for solo and one for co-op.

Unlocking things through exploits in single player and taking those unlocks to co-op would be wrong.

last edited by Max80

So you are ok with people downloading hacks or using exploits to unlock everything in local/solo? No, you should have a seperate xp system with seperate unlocks. 1 for solo and one for co-op.

Unlocking things through exploits in single player and taking those unlocks to co-op would be wrong.

Yeah it doesn't affect my gameplay (or yours really...), so I'm okay with that. I am not okay with wallhackers and aimbotters and other things. Some people like to unlock things as they go, some just want access to all of it from the start. Since it doesn't give you any advantage, I don't really see the problem.

For example.. you join an online game, you see 2 people wearing fancy camo. One of them cheated to get it, one of them unlocked it by playing a lot. You can't tell the difference, both of them could have unlocked it fairly or cheated to get it. Makes no difference? At least to me it doesn't 😉 it doesn't ruin your game, does it?

last edited by tourist

What you mean wow? I don't expect you to agree with me, but can you at least understand my point? Tell me how it affects you, if someone else cheats in solo mode. 😕

The whole "exploit in solo", I didnt even think about... But as they are all aesthetic who cares... As for wall hacking in Solo... Who cares... People will always cheat like turds... Such is MP... But, as for SP, who cares... It's SP, its for me... I just can't stand PVP... and COOP is fine... But, some days I can't even be asked with listening to people force me to listen to them coughing... or their dog barking, or the shat music they wanna force me to listen to, because their parents failed as humans...

I love the game... Bought it for solo and coop... mostly because they said we had bots... reminds me of the old rainbow... who cares if I ask for the ability to progress a little offline/solo...

I love how culty and driven to force their opinions on everyone else humans are right now... Chill... If we were all the same, thought the same, and did everything the same, this would be an even more boring place to live... And life is soooo boooooooring as is... so again... slow your roll... take a deep breath...

The, separate progression is completely fine too... That could work fine...

last edited by DerPanzerGraf

@derpanzergraf said in Coop... Just AI?:

The whole "exploit in solo", I didnt even think about... But as they are all aesthetic who cares... As for wall hacking in Solo... Who cares... People will always cheat like turds... Such is MP... But, as for SP, who cares... It's SP, its for me... I just can't stand PVP... and COOP is fine... But, some days I can't even be asked with listening to people force me to listen to them coughing... or their dog barking, or the shat music they wanna force me to listen to, because their parents failed as humans...

I love the game... Bought it for solo and coop... mostly because they said we had bots... reminds me of the old rainbow... who cares if I ask for the ability to progress a little offline/solo...

I love how culty and driven to force their opinions on everyone else humans are right now... Chill... If we were all the same, thought the same, and did everything the same, this would be an even more boring place to live... And life is soooo boooooooring as is... so again... slow your roll... take a deep breath...

The, separate progression is completely fine too... That could work fine...

@tourist said in Coop... Just AI?:

What you mean wow? I don't expect you to agree with me, but can you at least understand my point? Tell me how it affects you, if someone else cheats in solo mode. 😕

I firmly believe NWI and others in the Sandstorm community will disagree with you. Its not about cheating in solo mode, its about taking rewards not earned in multiplayer but cheated to get in solo mode and taking them to multiplayer and not earning it like everyone else.
Like I said, solo needs to have its own xp and rewards separate from multiplayer.
The two of you can carry on like you dont know what I am talking about even though I know you do. So ill just unsub from this and move on.

last edited by Max80

I have no problem with this as leveling up just unlocks cosmetics.. who gives a shit? really.
There will no doubt be separate rankings for coop, casual and competitive.

The Point is, SP is not allowed to give exp, and no 3rd party program is allowed.

End of Discussion