Why is an update so large?

ALmost 4 gigs....

Jesus........
What the hell? If you need 4 gigs to update fixes to standard gameplay, then maybe you have overpayed your employees.
WHen you fix some other problems, do I just need to expect that you fools will release 10 gigs of update to fix a stutter or an animation problem?

This is just too damn much. How about you clowns make a game that isnt so poorly built that you have to release 20 gigs of updates just to deliver a nerfed game.

I do not live in an area with high speed internet other than super slow dsl.

THanks DEVS! I cant wait until this 8 hours of updating is done so I can see how badly you guys have created more issues.

Seriously, this game has been more of an exercise in wasted money and time than it has been gameplay

I can understand your frustration at large updates. I have a 5mbps cx myself.

However, that doesn't give you the right to be a dick.

I have every right to be a dick, or not to be a dick. What is your point?

If the forum moderators deem my posts in violation of terms, then they can delete or ban me.
No one "gives" me rights, I was born with them.
Focus can deal with me, so keep your dickriding two cents to yourself, or make your own thread.

Thanks, and goodbye

This isn't your forum. This isn't your house. You're not talking to your mother.
NWI now has to launch hundreds of little updates every day to accommodate babby's bad internet. 😞

Show Some respect to the devs you idiot this is not the way you give feedback or talk to the devs the devs are working verry hard to improve the game and btw i downloaded the patch in 5 minutes so your internet is trash buy faster internet

The devs of insurgency are one of the best devs out there who actualy listen to the community there are not alot of devs these times who actualy do that!

last edited by DutchpowerNL

Probably because the game is in BETA and isn't released yet.

@roo00oor Nothing gives you the right to be a dick to anybody. I regularly deal with people who deserve to be treated like dicks, but I treat them with respect and decency.

Would your parents or children be proud of the way you've acted?

I told a BUSINESS that I am supporting with my purchases to tighten up their messy process and deliver better.

Get over yourselves.

If Focus or NWI or anyone wants to publicly correct me, then so be it.

The rest of you are dickriders.
The DEVS are not gonna reward you for your crusades against random nobodies like me.

Good Day

@roo00oor You're either young and immature, or just not intelligent. You clearly don't know that when you act like a douche canoe, whatever you're saying gets dismissed.

@roo00oor said in Why is an update so large?:

I told a BUSINESS that I am supporting with my purchases to tighten up their messy process and deliver better.

Get over yourselves.

If Focus or NWI or anyone wants to publicly correct me, then so be it.

The rest of you are dickriders.
The DEVS are not gonna reward you for your crusades against random nobodies like me.

Good Day

You're an immature tool that doesn't know how to give critique. Besides, why are you playing a game with DSL? That's an old technology.

Hi everyone,

We're sorry to hear that the size of the update prevents you from playing for a few hours, but we have to focus on releasing regular updates to improve the game.

I'd like to remind everyone that this forum is a place to exchange with other gamers about Insurgency: Sandstorm, not a fighting pit. Stay respectful to each other, and report any toxic behaviour if necessary. You can find the forum rules here.

Locking this topic now.

Have a nice day

last edited by Netheos