Split screen local play?

I've asked this a couple differnet places, and I don't know if it hasn't been amswered or I don't have my notifications set up right. But will there be a split screen local play available for consoles?

Thank you for your time and information.

Hello,

You'll be able to play in coop (up to 4 players) but no splitscreen planned.

Have a nice day!

Bummer. Regardless of how great any game is, I can never never fathom why companies have gotten away from split screen.

I have never liked split screen. When Halo came out and they had 16 player local multiplayer on 16 xboxes it raised the bar. All of my friends would bring their xbox and tube tv to lan parties so they didnt have to split screen.

@helijunky this is what i was thinking too maybe. make it LAN based atleast, or whatever it is called for console. split screen sounds nice, but having played games for many years i personally would not want to play on split screen again. i would rather take the time and trouble of setting up LAN.

I would love a split screen option. so me and my dad could play together on the xbox like we used to, now all the games are single player or internet only multiplayer, which sucks for me and my dad.

@netheos said in Split screen local play?:

Hello,

You'll be able to play in coop (up to 4 players) but no splitscreen planned.

Have a nice day!

Maybe make it a thought to add on as an update or next installment?

@helijunky said in Split screen local play?:

I have never liked split screen. When Halo came out and they had 16 player local multiplayer on 16 xboxes it raised the bar. All of my friends would bring their xbox and tube tv to lan parties so they didnt have to split screen.

Well many people do. And not everyone has two consoles laying around to do lan. So, your opinion holds no relavence here.