Problems with the Voices of Characters

Damn, I hate the voices in Sandstorm. They talk way to often, and I'm tired of hearing the same ones. Yah, I know that Mike did the only voices in 2014 Insurgency, but he didn't really talk to often, and when he did, it wasn't loud and annoying. The cries of injuries, especially of the female voice (no offense to women) are extremely annoying. In addition, characters continue to scream even after they have been killed.

There needs to be a cool down from the pre-recorded voice messages. People are spamming them and its annoying as shit. Plus you can't vote kick currently.

@siphonicsugar I don´t have a problem with the voices, except there could be more different ones!
Adds it to the atmosphere, when soldiers are screaming around amidst the chaos.

@p_lav said in Problems with the Voices of Characters:

There needs to be a cool down from the pre-recorded voice messages. People are spamming them and its annoying as shit. Plus you can't vote kick currently.

I'm sure this will happen to keep the children under control. It was in INS2 and DOI, for the same reason.

I think the current voices are great. Like objectively good records. However so far they're not as memorable as in INS2 to me. Gotta say I miss the insurgents from it. They really some kind of fun, brotherly fondness to them. If anything I guess a mod from the workshop replacing the new ones would fix the problem for those that miss them. But yeah, don't think we should completely dismiss the current voices, they're not that bad.

Only problem I see, and that may make them sound worse than they are, has already been adressed in this thread: the spam. (A short) cooldown sounds fair (to avoid 0.01 second spam). Short because you don't want to hinder its use either. Then votekick would get rid of the actual spammers. Hang in tight peoples, this be the frontlines beta.