Enemy C4 scavenge bug

Picking up a tossed enemy C4/IED will cause you to lose your weapon model and prevent you from switching weapons until you either scavenge another gun or left click to toss the invisible C4/IED.
Both times I produced this bug the enemy was already dead.
Not a very informative screenshot but here you go:
0_1536009370210_20180903160352_1.jpg

There's a lot of scavenging bugs. Any time you pick up someone's dropped silenced weapon, it becomes NOT silenced for you.

Guns on the ground never show their scopes either, which for some reason irrationally makes me angry. I'd be willing to bet if I dropped a gun with an attached grenade launcher it would also not show on the gun on the ground.

Also, lets be honest. It is INSANELY hard to actually pick up guns and items off the ground. You almost have to be pixel perfect to get the game to allow you to pick it up. It's laughable to even try to pick up a grenade that is next to a gun on the ground.

last edited by AMURKA

@amurka said in Enemy C4 scavenge bug:

Also, lets be honest. It is INSANELY hard to actually pick up guns and items off the ground. You almost have to be pixel perfect to get the game to allow you to pick it up. It's laughable to even try to pick up a grenade that is next to a gun on the ground.

Absolutely. Sometimes the HUD even tells you you're going to pick up a grenade but gives you the rifle next to it anyway.

Yes, that happens to me so often that it shows me the grenade beside the rifle but i cannot pick it up. I am trying from different angles and suddenly i get the rifle instead ..lol

Those "pick up zones" have to be made larger like in the original Insurgency game where that pick up system works perfect.
This new Unreal Engine 4 really gives the developers a hard time to figure things out. I hope they will patch and polish the game until final version or this will NOT be a
succesfull follower of the original title. Insurgency ( 2014 ) with so many different mods is still more fun to play than the new Insurgency:Sandstorm at this point of development.

@amurka said in Enemy C4 scavenge bug:

pixel perfect with the free aim

It's terrible because it's not just about looking at the contours of the object to get the pickup prompt. Each object seems to have a minute "core" that is the only spot that will allow pickup. Finding it is the challenge.