Either TTK needs changing or hit reg... (video)

Please take a look at the video and see what you think. I've always felt like something was really off about the TTK and refrained from blaming it on something like hit reg until I've really slowed down the videos and counted out the hits. Can we agree that 5-6 bullets is WAY too many from an AKS-74U to kill heavy armor or not?

Youtube Video

@jazon_xd said in Either TTK needs changing or hit reg... (video):

Please take a look at the video and see what you think. I've always felt like something was really off about the TTK and refrained from blaming it on something like hit reg until I've really slowed down the videos and counted out the hits. Can we agree that 5-6 bullets is WAY too many from an AKS-74U to kill heavy armor or not?

Youtube Video

Thanks for the video!

So what are you arguing here? Gameplay or hitreg? You have to make a clear distinction between the two. Hitreg isn't the best at the moment and the devs are aware of it! So hold tight till it gets improved!

An analogy why you have to make this distinction: If you complain that you can't drive your car at full speed on a broken street, what do you do? Make the car faster ( = lower TTK ) or do you repair the street ( = fix hitreg )?

Regards

@benz said in Either TTK needs changing or hit reg... (video):

So what are you arguing here? Gameplay or hitreg? You have to make a clear distinction between the two. Hitreg isn't the best at the moment and the devs are aware of it! So hold tight till it gets improved!

An analogy why you have to make this distinction: If you complain that you can't drive your car at full speed on a broken street, what do you do? Make the car faster ( = lower TTK ) or do you repair the street ( = fix hitreg )?

Regards

Not "arguing" anything per se, but suggesting that either one of the two (or maybe both) are definitely off. If it's only hit reg that's the issue, then the TTK could be okay (that is, until we see clear charts of bullet damages and see if they're reasonable), but if the hit reg is good, then I think we could for the most part agree, that 5-6 bullets to kill an enemy is way too many, as demonstrated in the video (the enemies didn't even die after 5-6 shots!)

@jazon_xd You can actually test TTK offline!

1. go to local play
  2. start game
  3. wait till bots are in etc.
  4. press - (minus)
  5. go to "AI"
  6. "toggle AI" -> bots dont move/shoot

Then you can test shots on bots.

I just tested and max amount of shots a bot took from f.e. G36 was 3!

@jazon_xd don't listen to Benz. hes on every thread about TTK. even though he never played insurgency before. The average hit to kill with AK47 is 3.8 (stats from Benz). the ttk from last insurgency has been increased with atleast 300%. its not only you who complain. alot of players who played insurgency2014 complain on both ttk and recoil. it just feals off.

@croox said in Either TTK needs changing or hit reg... (video):

@jazon_xd don't listen to Benz.

lol. Can you quote me on something I wrote in this thread that is wrong?

hes on every thread about TTK.

Just like you

even though he never played insurgency before.

Irrelevant

The average hit to kill with AK47 is 3.8 (stats from Benz).

For clarification: based on stats from the profile

last edited by Benz

I just tested and max amount of shots a bot took from f.e. G36 was 3!

I bet thats true. but how do you know what bots have for armor? was it point blank chest shots? do they have same amount of hp as pvp? you avarage hit to kill on AK47 is 3.8 shots. AK47 is supposed to be more powerfull than G36 right? those stats dosnt go together at all.

@croox said in Either TTK needs changing or hit reg... (video):

even though he never played insurgency before.

Irrelevant

how the hell is that Irrelevant? Noticed that this is Insurgency sandstorm? isnt it supposed to be based of Insurgency a litle or why does it have same name? So far i cant think of anything they brought with them from insurgency. And yet here you are wanting to change the game even more away from it without even playing it. You should have almost no say what so ever in my opinion untill you have atleast 50h on last insurgency.

@croox test it yourself? I posted how. 3 shots max implies heavy armor. I assume (!) Bots have same HP. We don't know.

@benz How the fuck do you have 3.8 average hit to kill with AK 47 then? explain that for me instead. would love to hear that. but yet again you are cherry picking whatever fits your narrative.

@croox so you don't want to test it yourself. OK.

@benz i love how you brush of any kind of logic like its nothing. you're just a huge troll. you gotta be.

@croox you want me to explain to you how a non scientific value might skew reality?

Profile stats are profile stats. They don't represent empiric data. F. E. There's no differentiation between chest, arm, leg or head shots. No differentiation regarding range. What about wallbangs (which I try a lot) ? It's irreproducible data. My stats will vary from your stats. Or are you saying my TTK is different than yours? Afaik we play the same game.

last edited by Benz

One big piece missing is also any kind of penalty from being hit (movement penalty, throwing off aim etc whatever have already been suggested). When that is implemented, it will also effect 1on1-situations (who gets the first hit will most probably win, which is IMO how it should be).

P.S. @Croox you started throwing shit on the wall in this thread with your first post here. Try to answer with proper arguments and reasoning instead of just losing your cool. It makes you look bad. @Benz was answering appropriately to OP.

Yes, a lot of people complain about TTK, but a lot of people are not even bothering to think it through properly or discussing about it. When it has been discussed properly, it has been noted that there's a lot that effect the feeling of "too high TTK":

• Hit reg (which does seem to work fine on local play, so I don't know if this is even a real problem)
  • Possible net code issues related to hit reg
  • No penalty from being hit (movement/aim). Now you can just get hit and nothing happens. I don't think it happens in real life, that you get shot and you just stand there like nothing 😃 If you would get knocked over from a hit or something similar, I assume that would make people not want to cross open areas in the manner they are doing now 🙂
  • High acceleration in movement speed / no movement speed penalty when changing directions quickly

After those are fixed, we can see how the amount of damage vs health vs armor really work in the game and we can start properly discussing about any possible changes to those.

But again, this is just my opinion 🙂

press - (minus)

does not work. What are you on about?

@slazenger 0_1535951472540_20180903071047_1.jpg

You need to press - (minus) and not - ( hyphen ).

@slazenger So what do you want me to do here? A different user has posted this in a thread on this forum and i simply spread it. It works for me. I can't tell you why it's not working for you.

last edited by Benz

@benz Direct me to this other persons post mate. I'd like to test out this debug menu

@slazenger i just asked people in discord and multiple people confirmed it works. I'm not going to search that post for you. Sorry. It doesn't say more than what i wrote anyways.

@Benz It is very relevant that you know and have played Ins2014! The new one should be a new succesful shooter based on the succesful successor. All good things needs comparison to make things better in all aspects. If you are not comparing to Ins2014, you dont know what the game should be like. Now, go spend a couple of euros and play the old Ins! Then you will know what most of us are talking about. What game did you come from before this? Just curious as to which game you are doing your comparisons to!?