Invisible mouse cursor in full screen mode

Hi folks,

During "Full Screen: Windowed" mode I can see a mouse cursor.

During "Full Screen" mode the mouse cursor is not visible.

I can still click menus and buttons because they highlight when the "invisible" mouse cursor is in the right location. It's just a lot more difficult to get the cursor where I want it.

I might try to uninstall and reinstall the game. I have already verified the game files in the Steam program.

Thanks for your time.

Bryan

I've had it happen twice. first time i was able to fix it by reinstalling my graphics drivers then adding bEnableMouseSmoothing=0
bEnableMouseSmoothing=false
bViewAccelerationEnabled=false
to the bottom of GamUserSettings in the appdata folder.

However, the 2nd time this happened it doesn't work

weird the mouse doesn't display in the steam overlay but it does in Nvidia ansel

Noticed the following in my logs:

Bad log:

[2018.09.01-23.48.55:847][ 0]LogPakFile: New pak file ../../../Insurgency/Content/Paks/pakchunk1-WindowsClient.pak added to pak precacher.
[2018.09.01-23.48.55:847][ 0]LogPakFile: New pak file ../../../Insurgency/Content/Paks/pakchunk2-WindowsClient_0_P.pak added to pak precacher.

Good Log:

[2018.09.01-23.42.10:829][ 0]LogPakFile: New pak file ../../../Insurgency/Content/Paks/pakchunk2-WindowsClient_0_P.pak added to pak precacher.
[2018.09.01-23.42.10:829][ 0]LogPakFile: New pak file ../../../Insurgency/Content/Paks/pakchunk1-WindowsClient.pak added to pak precacher.

so i deleted pakchunk2-WindowsClient_0_P.pak and pakchunk1-WindowsClient.pak and validated game integrity in steam and voila fixed.

Is this an actual fix? Probably not but it worked for me.

UPDATE: IT WAS FLUX ALL ALONG

@scked I also noticed about the overlay: no mouse in overlay.

@scked said in Invisible mouse cursor in full screen mode:

UPDATE: IT WAS FLUX ALL ALONG

Oh god...

I do remember turning off flux the one time it worked, but it coincided with the update so I attributed the update as fixing the issue.

Why flux why. Why you do this to me.