Why is there no tagging in this so called "hardcore" game?

This is a joke. Hitting someone and he continues to run with full speed and jumping around is a fucking joke for a "hardcore" game. This might be okay for CoD or Battlefield or any other random ass shooter but for Insurgency it is not.

@genoharadan said in Why is there no tagging in this so called "hardcore" game?:

This is a joke. Hitting someone and he continues to run with full speed and jumping around is a fucking joke for a "hardcore" game. This might be okay for CoD or Battlefield or any other random ass shooter but for Insurgency it is not.

I somewhat agree. I don't think you should be able to jump when getting hit. Sprinting acceleration is also way too high.

Yeah, a hit from a bullet should affect movement in my opinion as well

Yeah I think if you took the suppression movement penalty that we have in Insurgency, and applied that to a player in Sandstorm who just took damage... that would be a good move.

I mean, even if you have heavy armor and you absorb a pistol round, it should affect how you’re able to move for a brief moment.

I think that would address a lot of the negative feedback we see about the higher TTK. People will damage a player with a well placed shot, and they quickly run out of sight and they feel that they’ve been robbed of a kill. If that same player slowed down after being hit, it would allow for follow up shots to finish them off. Using semi on assault rifles is of little use right now for this reason. Tag a player, they escape.

last edited by prevent

Agree completely. I was just grumbling today how I was hitting enemies in the pelvis and upper legs and they just kept running into the objective I was defending.

I like @prevent 's solution, it's simple and sounds like it would be effective without needing to go too in depth modeling a new mechanic.

Bonus points if the amount of slow depends on caliber. Extra bonus points if the way they stagger is dependent on hit location.

+1 on the slower movement if hit. If your hurt, your hurt.

Like:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DuHPtMhdGNViwc16_Pghcskj9gpeAH3p

This is just stupid. Sniper shot and he keeps running like nothing happened 😃

@benz Nice, video evidence that red mist doesn't always indicate a confirmed hit.

@doghead said in Why is there no tagging in this so called "hardcore" game?:

@benz Nice, video evidence that red mist doesn't always indicate a confirmed hit.

hm? what are you saying here? That that wasnt a hit? What makes you think so?

I think what he's saying is that we don't know if that was a "hit" as far as the server was concerned.

In Source, blood is clientside so just because you saw blood some out of somebody, it doesn't mean they died.

I'm not sure how blood behaves in Sandstorm, I'm assuming there might be some "mist" that is client-side but the big "spray" we see when we get a kill is probably dictated by the server. But again, I'm not sure.

last edited by prevent

@benz M24 is always a 1 shot kill, same as the other snipers.

@benz M24 is always a 1 shot kill, same as the other snipers.

From my own experience i don't think that's true. With SVD I always 1 shot. Always. With m24 not. If it's hitreg than it should fail for SVD as much as for m24. So that's why i don't believe m24 1 shots heavy armor.

@benz Well I've had red mist with SVD without killing as well so the observation stands.

I'd get it on video if the game didn't run so poorly for me.

last edited by Doghead

@benz Well I've had red mist with SVD without killing as well so the observation stands.

Yes, i'm simply voicing my experience. And like...i can only base things based on my own experience. This is why i always try to validate if someone says something, by trying it for myself and see if i get the same results.

In this case i haven't made the same experience as you so far. That's all.

@benz Honestly you'd better be wrong. What the hell is the point of a bolt action that doesn't 1-shot?

@benz said in Why is there no tagging in this so called "hardcore" game?:

Like:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DuHPtMhdGNViwc16_Pghcskj9gpeAH3p

This is just stupid. Sniper shot and he keeps running like nothing happened 😃

Don't wanna be a party pooper but that seems like a miss. You shot just behind him, and the mist you see is dust from the ground. Happens to me a lot in CoD4 and INS2. Frustrating on the spot, but this video evidence should make it obvious to you... Not saying there isn't bad reg, I've seen the bad reg/bullet sponge videos and it's very real. Just saying you may have misjudged this one ^

Shot hit the shoulder. Arm hit, 30 damage

@2001zhaozhao Looked more like ass/kidneys:
0_1536125905172_benz shot.png

@coachon it is a hit 100%. You can even see the head of the model doing the "hit" animation. And that's clearly a red blood mist :P.