Local play vs bots needs an internet connection ? Please don't do this.

So it seems that local play vs bots is unavailable without an internet connection. Please tell me this does not carry over to the final realease. I mean seriously this is the whole purpose of bots, to keep you playing even if your internet conenction craps out.

Please remove the always online requirement for offline play when the game is released.

Thank you.

I think instead of removing it there should be a way to toggle it on or off. If you want to play with friends turn it on but if you want to go solo turn it off to play it in offline mode.

So, it seems that if you get disconnected from the internet during a game you can continue your offline match vs bots.

After the current bot match ends you get dropped to the main menu and you can even start a new local offline match with no issues.

But if you quit the game and restart it while offline, then you're basically locked out and can't get passed the online profile verification menu.

So everything is implemented already for OFFLINE play vs bots, and works fine. What needs to go is the initial profile check (only) for local play vs. bots.

OFF-Topic: I solved my severe stutter-issue by disabling G-Sync for Sandstorm and choosing fixed refresh rate (120Hz) from my nVidia control panel. Also, enabling V-Sync from the game menu. It seems that currently there are issues with Sandstorm and G-Sync. The difference in game smoothness and frame times is huge.

last edited by AxonImpulse

Any answer ? Do you plan to enforce "always online" requirements for offline play vs bots or is it just a coincidence that we can't access the local play menu unless we are connected to the internet ?

Agreed. There are a lot of people who do not have the luxury of high speed Internet, as well as multiple connection interruptions who want to give the game a go during downtime. The "Always Online" requirement will readily prompt a lot of refunds, sadly.

I'm still hoping it's just a temporary situation in the Beta and that the final version will not require an internet connection for local play. Would be nice to get a confirmation though.

@immortaljoker66 said in Local play vs bots needs an internet connection ? Please don't do this.:

I think instead of removing it there should be a way to toggle it on or off. If you want to play with friends turn it on but if you want to go solo turn it off to play it in offline mode.

Is it possible to play the "local play" mode with 1 friend and remove all bots, as a 2-player coop mode?

@grotesqueshadow I literally have no idea. I hope there is a way but I am not sure

Still no option to play local games versus AI without an internet connection even after the latest update.

"Unable to sign in to platform services".

Is this because the game is still in Beta ?

Thank you.

One more question: Will the game be playable in local play versus AI without an internet connection before the December launch ?

Right now I'm still getting: "unable to sign in to platform services" when I try to launch the game without an internet connection.

I just want to be able to play versus the AI with no internet connection. Game is really fun even solo vs. the AI.

I'm interested in this as well. If I can catch the next dev stream, I'll try to ask the question.

Do you have an idea when is the next dev stream ? Thanks !

The last Focus stream was on Friday. I know Alex also has an NWI livestream about every 1-2 weeks on Thursdays if I remember correctly. I follow them on Twitter so I usually get a notification at least a day or two before.

@axonimpulse said in Local play vs bots needs an internet connection ? Please don't do this.:

Do you have an idea when is the next dev stream ? Thanks !

Fyi.... Just saw this on Twitter. The next one is today on Twitch. I won't be able to view it live but will check it out later tonight probably:

Our weekly developer livestream is back! This week we'll be answering your questions and will join the community for a quality round or two as well. Join us @ 2:15PM EST / 8:15PM CEST on https://www.twitch.tv/newworld

Crap, I missed it as well, had no connection again. I'd really like to know when they'll add this feature.