Competitive matchmaking

I find it odd that you first look for a lobby and then have to wait for it to be filled afterwards. It's pretty standard to put you in a lobby after all 10 players have been put together and confirmed to be ready.

Sorry, this doesn't make sense.

Players need to connect to a server after a match has been found. That's correct.

My mistake, I noticed I was a little off shortly after making this post. I now see that you actually do have all players together in a lobby or whatever you want to call it. You see all names and then connect to a server together. This is the step missing a ready button. Aftwards you see the X/10 Players screen where you can select your loadout.

Bottom line is I find it hard to believe that people so often fail to connect, but rather quit out or something. This would be circumvented with a ready check. Haven't had as much trouble since I made the original post, to be fair!

I'm still having a lot of trouble joining a match.
It's just a waste of time trying to join a Comp Match. I wait in the "Finding Server" menu for about 5 min. I finally join a server, then I wait for 3 min on the "Ready" screen. If only 1 player doesn't hit "Deploy", all 9 of us are sent back to the main menu. It's ridiculous... Is just a huge waste of time. I spend more time trying to join than actually playing. And this is my favorite gamemode from Insurgency Source.

There is some problem here that I can't figure out, because sometimes I'm put on a server with 10 people, and then only 3 or 4 deploy. Either 6 disconnect (like krix, I find that hard to believe), or people aren't aware that they have to hit "Deploy"...
I hope this gets better once the game goes live, because it didn't after the alphas, betas...

I know it's matchmaking, but if it doesn't improve, you have 3 options:

• Go BF1 mode (people just join until the server is full, and then the match starts)
  • Go R6S mode (keep widening the filters until you find enough players)
  • Go Insurgency Source mode (Put a server browser for Comp)

They all have the disadvantage of crippling matchmaking (all 3 will put players with different levels/skills on the same server), but at least we can play this mode...

Another problem happening is that people just quit mid-game. When I can play this mode, I often end matches in 5v2. This would be solved with the server browser, because people could find games with 9 or 8 players, and join.

Maybe you can go full R6S on this and separate "casual" and "ranked" Comp. Server browser for "casual" and the current system for "ranked". It could be worse (separate even more the players and create longer queue times), but maybe give it a shot?