Question to developers

Developer please tell me can I after the release or before the release of something to buy for real currency for the game insurgentsy sandstorm?

Are you asking if there will be microtransactions in Insurgency: Sandstorm?

Yes, I'm interested in what I can buy for a real currency. Maybe skins, anything!

last edited by moNzah

We have no plans for microtransactions in Insurgency: Sandstorm

Please do not put in micro-transactions ever. Or at least no loot boxes. Few skins sold for a reasonable price might be accepted but then what about skin mods made on the steam workshop?
There is a huge backslash on companies like EA for having pushed it to far.
And I consider that a game that wants to make a lot of money from micro-transaction should be free to play.

I dont see what the big deal is with “reasonable micro transactions” - I understand why people demonize it. Companies like EA took it way too far; they are so disconnected from the gaming community its hard to believe they call themselves game developers. But a company like NWI whose reputation is not soiled like EA’s could easily do this right and utilize the funds to make their version of a triple AAA title that has everything they wanted in it instead of being forced to cherry pick what to put in it. That micro transaction forum in steam got way out of hand because trolls chose to water down the topic as usual. But I know people would buy skins for their character. There is such a huge demand to personalize your character in any fps game. And doing it right (utilizing clothing from that region or gear from the respective countries) would certainly be worth it. Just my opinion.

last edited by Max80

In my opinion, many games stay on paid customization and this prolongs the life of the projects. It's not possible only from selling the game itself for a long time, getting a stable income. For example, I do not have much desire after the release to put the skin from some user, sorry. would want to see from the developers themselves the quality skins of weapons, equipment and much more that would not violate the atmosphere of the game itself, and yes it is for the money!
Such projects as RS6 or PUBG take advantage of this opportunity, more precisely give such a choice.

@max80 Just one problem I have. Microtransactions in a game that already costs money to play. Am I one of the only people who takes issue with this?

I quit both Killing Floor 2 and Payday 2 without hesitation when they tried this double dipping strategy (Actually in Payday 2's case it was more like triple dipping because they already sold DLC packs, but I digress). Rainbow Six Siege is packed with so many microtransactions and season passes you'd be forgiven for forgetting that it actually costs money to play, which is why I quit. I passed on Overwatch and quit Rocket League for this same thing, as well. Won't hesitate to leave Insurgency Sandstorm as well if they do the same thing.

If you're going to have in-game purchases, remove the admission fee. But because people have been trained for the past ten years to gradually except in-game purchases in buy2play games, this is what we get to deal with. Tiny pieces of content parceled out and sold piecemeal.

@quadsword
You're forgetting For Honor! An 80 to 120$ game with micro gold transaction so you can do in game micro-transaction, a 40$ season pass and another 40$ dlc not included. This game is sold for a grand minimum of 160+ $. One game! Why does so few seem to realize this is an armed robbery?

last edited by Best Waifu

For those that would argue, 160 $ would require more than 24 hours of work for someone on minimum wage to assemble while disregarding anything else in his life including eating!

@best-waifu Exactly my point. Sadly, it seems people who expect to get a complete product when they pay are becoming a minority. This isn't even getting into the fact that the way a company treats and deals with its community completely changes after they implement microtransactions.

Tripwire openly brags about how much money Killing Floor 2's microtransactions have made them, and now they're also pushing to implement microtransactions in Rising Storm 2. The Rocket League developers constantly look for new ways to upsell their players, despite the fact that their game was put under the microscope by the Netherlands chance gaming authority. They want $15 for a rocket pass to unlock cosmetics... in a game that costs $20. That's in addition to DLC cars and loot boxes. Jesus effing Christ, just talking about this stuff is enough to make me angry...

In my experience, indie developers adding microtransactions to their games never ends well for their community.

@quadsword said in Question to developers:

In my experience, indie developers adding microtransactions to their games never ends well for their community.

Tue words when we think about PUBG...

This post is deleted!

@best-waifu Players: "Y'know, guys, this game is still broken as sh*t and has been since the 1.0 release. Do you mind using some of your millions to polish the game?"

Bluehole: "Nope, but we can sure as hell add more pointless cosmetic tat for you to buy!"

Hopefully NWI has more integrity than that.

@Quadsword
"And don't forget our rushed xbox port to cash in on the fame before it dies!"

I do believe NWI won't do the same and the console port will be what it promised.

Whenever microtranactions gets brought up I want to quote the text from Mark Gerhard's original stance on the issue.

"A lot of the free offerings are sadly misleading because they're not. Most of them rely on the microtransaction system, which is really a stealth tax; I prefer to call it death by a thousand cuts," says Mark Gerhard, the chief executive of RuneScape's creator, Jagex. His titles solely use advertising and membership revenue streams; there are no in-game transactions.

"It's the psychology of it. You can better monetise a person taking 20 cents off them for every item, than to ask someone for $10 up front. Commercially you can say it's a great opportunity, the way of the future. Ethically you can say it devalues the product."