PLAYER SPEED!

Please consider the fact that player speed is too fast. I've heard mainly negative comments towards the player speed, although I understand some people also love it. I think in order to better suit the 50/50 split or 60/40 split of people that either hate or love the current speed. It should be slowed. This is something that requires attention due to the constant complaints. Feel free to have open discussions without being volatile, as open discussions lead to change or constants.
Thanks,
Doubletapdan

@doubletapdan said in PLAYER SPEED!:

Please consider the fact that player speed is too fast. I've heard mainly negative comments towards the player speed, although I understand some people also love it. I think in order to better suit the 50/50 split or 60/40 split of people that either hate or love the current speed. It should be slowed. This is something that requires attention due to the constant complaints. Feel free to have open discussions without being volatile, as open discussions lead to change or constants.
Thanks,
Doubletapdan

Exactly why I came to the forums, I feel like people are hop on on speed or cocaine they move so fast in gun fights.

I agree. Right now, this game is more about run and gun than anything else. Bunny jumping works FFS. If I wanted to play a Call of duty game, I'd have bought one.
I want to have a gameplay that resemble the firs insurgency. So less running and more tactical gameplay. It can be achieved by tweaking player speed down. So simple!

I can't understand how Devs set this completely unrealistic speed and think it's cool, don't forget you're selling a tatical shooter, not a casual 4 fun game style, I don't get the logic behind it, just try wear a vest with metal plates in it, a helmet, a gun and then run in the office. I bet you won't reach 20% of the game's speed (if you're fit).

Jokes apart, the game is awesome, few things here and there to fix before the release, as usual in Beta stage, keep the good work.

REMOVE THIS SUPERHEROE SPEED!!!

Speed feels too slow compared to ins2014.

I think it's ok. If you're sprinting you can't aim your weapon effectively and you make a fuckton of noise, but you can haul ass between objectives and effectively crouch-jump. If you wanna move slower, there is a walk button that makes you almost silent,

Agreed. Spot on sir. At first it felt slow and sluggish. I changed all the video settings to low, to match the current optimization and then it felt way to fast.

I think, that the player speed is okay at the moment. In the alpha the speed was crap, but now it seems okay.

Reduce speed significantly when wearing armor, especially heavy armor. It's kind of ridiculous how strong armor is right now as it barely slows your move speed and there's no AP ammo to counter it. There are some guns that legitimately take 6 chest shots to kill.

I dont think its the overall speed, to me its from stop to full speed is way to fast need more of a build of speed.

I think Sandstorm movement speed should be faster than the original Insurgency movement speed because Sandstorm maps are way bigger than the original Insurgency maps.

If you slow down the movement speed , Sandstorm will not be able to differentiate itself from Arma.

I play Insurgency because Insurgency is the middle ground between Arma and CSGO

Arma = Takes too much time getting to action phase / Too much mobilization / Too much maneuvering over long distances

CSGO = Far removed from realism / No iron sights / No leaning mechanics / No proning / No gun sway

Not only speed to too fast but changes in directions and recover from slide are insanely fast! The animations and movements need improvements!

@doubletapdan I find that the normal walking/joging speed is spot on but yes the running speed could definitely be slowed, however I like the idea of having the slide speed remain the same as it can be a great tool to get you out of a pinch by dodging some bullets and getting you Into cover to return fire from.