Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The C-256!

0_1551346517848_C-256MudRunner_Cards_1200x630.jpg

MudRunner is the ultimate version of the million-selling indie hit Spintires, releasing on October 31st this year on PC, and for the first time on consoles.

Like Spintires before it, MudRunner will put players in the driver’s seat of a variety of incredible all-terrain vehicles, venturing across extreme Siberian landscapes with only a map and compass as their guides.

In the lead-up to release, we plan to do a weekly presentation of the iconic vehicles from the game. That means that every Friday, you can expect a blog post describing a vehicle. This will also be a great place to ask questions about the vehicle specifically, how it handles, and the niche it fills.

0_1551346528096_1507815574278-mudrunner_c256_2_logo.jpg

Vehicle Description:

The C-256 is at its best when its hauling logs. One of the only vehicles in the game able to carry long logs, this will be your dedicated lumber carrier. When supported properly by a jeep for vision and a rescue truck for fuel, the C-256 is an invaluable asset.

Game Stats:

The C-256 has a fuel capacity of 330L, and features differential lock, but no all-wheel drive. It can take up to 600 units of damage. Costing 1 balance point, once unlocked, the C-256 will be your primary vehicle for carrying cargo.

0_1551346587746_1507815576603-mudrunner_c256_3_logo.jpg

Strengths

The C-256 is one of the few vehicles that can carry long logs in the game, giving it a dedicated niche to fill.

Weaknesses

The C-256 doesn’t feature all-wheel drive, and as such, struggles to cross difficult terrain. Without a scouted route or dedicated road, it won’t be going far.

0_1551346542608_1507815575623-mudrunner_c256_1_logo.jpg

Attachments

The C-256 is one of the few vehicles able to pull a Long Log Cart. It can field other attachments, but it’s poor ability to cover terrain means you probably won’t want to use it as a support vehicle.

These are:

• Fuel Cistern – Carries Fuel
  • Fuel Semitrailer – Trailer that carries Fuel
  • Garage Parts – Carries 2 Garage Parts
  • Garage Semitrailer – Trailer that carries 4Garage Parts
  • Garage Trailer – Trailer that carries 2 Garage Parts
  • Log Carriage – Trailer that carries Short Logs
  • Log Carrier – Carries Medium Logs/Long Logs
  • Log Crane Carriage – Allows pick up of logs in Hardcore Mode, carries Short Logs.
  • Long Log Cart – Trailer that carries Long Logs
  • Medium Log Cart – Trailer that carries Medium Logs
  • Short Log Trailer – Carries Short Logs
  • Spare Wheel – Can repair self
  • Trailer Hitch – Allows trailers to be pulled
  • Utility Attachment – Can repair other vehicles
  • Utility Semitrailer – Can repair other vehicles
  • Utility Trailer – Can repair other vehicles

You can pre-order MudRunner for PC on Steam now. Owners of Spintires will benefit from an exclusive 50% discount, on top of a 10% discount on all pre-orders. Pre-order now here: http://bit.ly/MudRunner_Steam

last edited by Jellyfoosh

У него сзади есть крюк для зацепки прицепов? Не видно... У КРАЗ 255 в SpinTires 030316 не было....

Why? What for? What license agreements made you to put zil 's wheels to kraz?

my favorite truck Kraz 255 and Ural 🙂

The C255 had been my favourite truck! I think this one with 6X4 will give some more challenge 😉

@kostas82 said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The C-256!:

Why? What for? What license agreements made you to put zil 's wheels to kraz?

There are versions of this kraz with highway wheels. I think they will put the offroad tires to the 255.
alt text

last edited by DeathCore

@deathcore
I even drove this crocodile once ))). And of course I clearly understand differences between 255/256/214 )). There are not native to 256 wheels set on in-game model. Those are from ZiL 130, which I also drove.

@kostas82 Yes, where I come from, there are kraz and kamaz and zil everywhere too. You know they removed the option to change wheels in-game right? So, technically, the 255 and 256 look very similar, due to this, they kept the offroad tires for the 255 and used this ones for the 256 to keep things variated. at least from my perspective.

@deathcore
This is clear. But, have you ever seen KrAz on zil's wheels? No! Because this is impossible on technical reasons. I think that it is not too hard to model original ones. Seems like devs were in a rush and decided not to waste time modeling them. Sad but true.

Yes,i want also original 256 wheels + chained rear wheels as option.Working dump carriage with usable sand/rocks will make game play more interesting.These trucks are iconic and still working in my country.

As far as i know, in real life the Kraz 256 is the dump truck variant of the 255 without all-wheel drive, for mines, roadworks and other industrial use. So not only the Zil wheels are problematic as mentioned above, this vehicle is a hybrid and doesn't exists. The devs simply duplicated the 255's role with different wheel setup and new skin, but the original 256 should have dumper carriage and wasn't designed for logging in the mud.
After we will have some mod for restoring the original frontal grills, or the devs will get licenses somehow, it will be funny but unrealistic to drive this nonexistent vehicle.

last edited by Jocek

Mod makers are our only hope. Explicitly those of them who respects auto-history and realism.

Excellent car, but more I drive for Kamaz