Gameplay and Gang speculation video

Hey buddies

I've taken the liberty to roam through the rulebook and here are my speculations on the content of the game!

Youtube Video

Let me know what you think, am I on track or totally off?!

Thanks for watching, see you soon!

First of all, nice vid.

I think you might be quite on track with your especulation, but for now nothing is settled. I like the ammo rules and the chance to jam weapon and having your ganger unjam his weapon, but instead of an accuracy debuff let it be better a random minor debuff to either accuracy or damage. As well, i would like that they make weapons be able to shoot several times before having to reload instead of single shot like the ones in Mordheim. Would they also add ammo supply to the gangers? Because that would make ranged fight something that can't become a sniper fight. As well, something i would like is different kinds of ammo and depending on the ammo, the weapon would have higher chances of jamming or not.

Stealth is something i also like, and i would like to see it expanded with some mechanics that would allow you also to move in stealth at the cost of movement range and certain options to lay ambushes, like steam vents to hide in.

@Game-kNight Enjoyed the video, I think being able to shoot into melee combat is pretty important - with a chance to hit your own units, this makes for more interesting and balanced combat.

As for gangs I'd like to see in the game, I'm really hoping for Pit Slaves - they've got some fun weaponry and a unique look about them. I'd also like to see Enforcers or Spyrers as they're both high-tech and field a small but powerful warband which I personally prefer to larger warbands.

@Tragedy said in Gameplay and Gang speculation video:

@Game-kNight Enjoyed the video, I think being able to shoot into melee combat is pretty important - with a chance to hit your own units, this makes for more interesting and balanced combat.

As for gangs I'd like to see in the game, I'm really hoping for Pit Slaves - they've got some fun weaponry and a unique look about them. I'd also like to see Enforcers or Spyrers as they're both high-tech and field a small but powerful warband which I personally prefer to larger warbands.

Thanks buddy - glad you liked it. Pit Slaves, Enforcers and Spyrers could indeed be awesome, but maybe added as supplements to the House Gangs? I'm really looking forward to seeing how they will shape the gangs and make them interesting!

Interesting vid. As for the gangs that will be included, if they follow the Mordheim template, they'll start with 4 and later add 2 as DLC (maybe more if the game is more popular?)

I would assume they'll start with Goliath and Escher (same 2 as in the upcoming tabletop re-release) plus Orlock (standard biker gang style) and probably Delaque (trenchcoat assassins). For the DLC, I assume Redemption and Scavvies.

Hopefully the game will be popular enough to include even more, but at the least some characters (Spyrers? Enforcers?) could be included in special missions and others (Ratskins? Pit Slaves?) could be DLC characters like the Wolf Priest and Doomweaver in Mordheim.

last edited by MeanBone

I really enjoyed your video, as for the sneak and stealth , there are sneak , and infiltration skills.
Having gun jams are essential as they arent brand new Bolters from the imperium they are 5th hand even 100th hand weapons , some even stub guns are home made and very unreliable.

having all these animated etc would really be something.

Even when units are in hand to hand , it would be amazing to see them duel rather than stand still, having them in melee , just fighting, blocking, parrying, weapons clashing .
Would make the whole gun combat in melee more real.

Alot of combat was hand to hand because at lower levels the Juves and the fresh gangers werent proficient in marksman skills.
So always relied on close quarters combat .

I think there will be Delaque, Goliath, Escher, Cawdor , these were the first four I remember when Necromunda released first generation

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere the original 6 Houses will all be in the base game, there's less issues making models per gang because unlike Mordhiem they're all human, albiet some are female and others are built like The Terminator. Easier to do than a bipedal rat and monstorous creatures.

Which still leaves them with room for expansion with various Outlander gangs, Ash Wasters and even Hive Wildlife.

@detortor said in Gameplay and Gang speculation video:

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere the original 6 Houses will all be in the base game, there's less issues making models per gang because unlike Mordhiem they're all human, albiet some are female and others are built like The Terminator. Easier to do than a bipedal rat and monstorous creatures.

Which still leaves them with room for expansion with various Outlander gangs, Ash Wasters and even Hive Wildlife.

As much as outlander gangs, the next gangs that will probably be introduced as DLC will likely be the Ratskins, the Scavvies, the Enforcers and the Spyrers.

Still, last 2 can probably be like Neutral enemies in Mordheim due to their gear, unrelenting toughness and potential for carnage.

Hope they don't use some of your ideas. Last thing we need is weapon malfunctions like you mention.

Well, they could implement ammo rolls but only when you have to reload your weapon, not every time you land a shot. Still, you have a good point, specially when i remember that a weapon exploding on your hands is a thing in this game

@glarghface it was fairly rare, and only for certain rapid fire weapons not all of them. I don't mind it for those specific weapons.

last edited by Anguloke

Not only those. Flamers had to pass ammo rolls every time they shot. And don't forget that grenades fail all ammo rolls after being used once

The problem is, they'll use those rules most likely, and carry over the ridiculous training system, and horrible resource system from their Mordheim production.

So on top of injuries, costs of replacing weapons that might make you leave a ganger behind for a mission, they'll probably keep the ridiculous sit out time for training that wasn't part of the TTs.

There are things they introduced in their adaption like that I hope they realize were mistakes.

On that, i think you have a point, but it was also to give the game some balance since the cost of time and money to train one of your warriors in one skill that will increase their survivability a lot would make you think a bit if it's worth it to have that warrior take those days off or not. But again, since the AI rolls a new warband everytime that is fully trained it makes no sense since the enemies will have all sorts of skills to best you.

It would be better that once your gangers get rank up and gain skillpoints, you could instantly invest them into a new skill with no training time. As well, i hope new skills make a difference, since most skills in Mordheim weren't that good

@glarghface it isn't a balance that was needed. It worked fine in the TT without it. I didn't have to keep out a model for the next 2-5 matches because they skilled up.

They need to go the way of Blood Bowl and make a game much more faithful to the TT.

This post is deleted!

@anguloke said in Gameplay and Gang speculation video:

Hope they don't use some of your ideas. Last thing we need is weapon malfunctions like you mention.

It was a thing in the TT - what it really depends on is how powerful ranged is going to be. I personally don't hope it will be too powerful, as we would have a game, where both sides would just be hiding behind cover, and shooting at each other (look at some of my recent Mordheim videos, where I play PvP with an almost purely ranged warband) - it would add a risk for the more powerful weapons to jam and thus you had to rely on your firearm or a melee weapon instead. How it should be implemented, I wouldn't know until we get to try it out 🙂

In regards to the skill training, I actually think a system like XCOM 2 would be be preferable over the BB2, it would reduce the randomness and give the player control over how the character was built. What I think will be needed is to keep some skills away from some gangers, thus making them specialized in their field. Or at least have some skills that required a certain class to pick.

On weapon malfunctions, if they are included, i hope they are put only when you reload your weapon instead of everytime you land a hit on the enemy. Personally, that would make the mechanic less annoying than having to deal with a possible malfunction everytime your attack. As well, there are more mechanics regarding weapons that we have to wait and see how they are implemented, like grenades being a weapon or a consumable, flamer ammo rolls and plasma weapons max power shots.

When it comes to skill training, one thing most people agree is that we don't want the training period of 2-4 days for your warriors. And as much as i love Xcom, i don't want Necromunda to become Xcom in any shape or form. For one thing, i would like to see gangs having access to certain skills that other gangs don't have access to, but not like Mordheim did it. For example, have Goliaths have access to more advanced strength skills that other gangs cannot access.

I think that making the skill training like in Xcom (unless you're talking about Long war 2, which is way better) would make skills stale and boring quite fast.

Yeah, skills like in Long War 2, where you simply pick what skill you want, from each of the presented ones each rank.

What they could do, was to make it like WotC, where you can pick other skills as well in your tree, after the first free one, but then it takes time.

We all agree that using the same system as Mordheim is a no go though 🙂 Something new and interresting would be nice 🙂
I would also want them to give access to different skills on a pr. Gang basis, as it would make them stand out from each other more.

That is actually something that would be very faithful to the TT and would make gangs play vastly differently: have some skill trees/sections/whatever be only available for certain gangs that specialize in those skills.

Not only the differences on max stats like in Mordheim (which is actually something good. Don't expect a Goliath hit as brutally hard as a Delaque), but also certain skills be completely unavailable to certain gangs.

But how the skill learning should be executed, is something i don't have the answer for. The Xcom 2 WotC sounds quite solid: get the first skill for free to have access to the others of your choosing later is something i can get behind, but at the same time i liked the whole "get a little bit of Ballistic skill, agility and alertness skills".