Will this Cater to the COD/Rainbow or Realism Crowd?

I know this seems silly, but originally rainbow six was marketed as a “tactical” shooter. Needless to say it is NEVER been that. Not even from release. Now it is call of duty where you can’t jump. And COD? Don’t get me started.

So. I heard about this game and I got excited. It is coming to ps4. And what I want to know? Does anyone think this game is going to stick to realism? Is that the intent? Because I will sell rainbow six if that is the case. I will be a die hard fan and never purchase another ubi product.

So? Can the community tell me? Is the community geared towards realism? The player base? It seems that way now. But I have no experience.

last edited by stonewall1350

Insurgency sandstorm is focusing for realism but we also want a sort of arcady feeling so expect for a very realistic game but a kinda faster pace so in other words take squads and take call of duty and make a baby in sandstorm we will be givin light transport and attack vehicles and a simi large map but not like battlefeild. Insurgency sandstorm you will see alot of middle eastern iraq type weapons and attachments like ypg vs insurgent type combat it absolutely will be more tactical and realistic than rainbow six and will be coming to ps4 for pc september 2018 so in like 3-4 months and ps4 its for first half of 2019 because the dev team is not familiar with console games so yes but thanks for asking also pre order is available now youll get a discount and a discount if you have original insurgency a few weeks before release youll be open to a beta

last edited by XXKE0NxDDKxx

@xxke0nxddkxx

Squad is more about the logistics,overall strategy,callouts, and big picture than about gunplay.
It's more akin to a faster paced Red Orchestra Ostfront,although allot faster and smoother.

In Squad,you can hardly do anything by yourself,except for a logi run (with the approval of a squad leader of course).
I think the people who compare insurgency to Squad have never played it before or took said game's role of squad leader.
You won't be walking without seeing an enemy for ten minutes straight or waiting 2 minutes to spawn in,
It is much faster paced with more focus on gunplay than the overall plan. there's just spawn,get out and go,and occasionally pop smoke if the team needs it.

Insurgency is it's own animal. It has an aiming system that works completely differently from other fps games. (No cone of fire. No RNG causing your bullets to veer off to the side and laser sights show you exactly where the bullet is going (at close range,at least)).

OP, you never played ins:mc or ins? The franchise is tactical, it is not call of doody.

Oh i see you're a console player, you have no idea what you're missing out on, lul forget i asked.

Ins is not armed assault, ins is not cod, ins is not csgo, ins is not fortnite, ins is not pubg, ins is not bf3/4/5/, ins is not squad, ins is ins.

There is not a game like it which is why it's my favourite mod/game/franchise ever. Seriously even if you have a potato computer go try the hl2 mod Insurgency modern combat, im sure there are even cdkeys for ins out there for less than a single us dollar and tis worth a go if you've never experienced it before.

PEACE.

last edited by Depleted

@Depleted,
You really need to be an arse to the OP with that console remark, etc.? I'm a console player but I've also been a PC player over the last 30 years. As it is, console hasn't really had anything that has come close to something like I:S so I for one am glad that NWI is making the move with their next title. There are a lot of us out there who would love to see more of the hardcore / milsim genre bridge the gap. This "vs" attitude is really immature IMO. The OP simply doesn't know and I for one am glad he is taking interest.

@Stonewall,
As Musicnote alluded to, Insurgency sort of carves out its own niche. It's definitely not a hardcore milsim but it's also certainly not "arcadey" like those titles you may be used (e.g. CoD, Battlefield, Ghost Wars, etc.). The HUD is minimal, damage is brutal and while there are things like airstrikes, drones, etc. that can be utilized, the focus is more on the gunplay and team tactics. The pace is also faster than other milsim games but slower than than those twitch shooters. NWI continually talks about how they wanted to create their own sort of gameplay with this franchise and don't really like to make comparisons.

I would encourage you to watch some of the original Insurgency gameplay on YouTube. NWI recently hinted that new in-game, alpha footage might be released soon showing some of their Sandstorm PvP action. The E3 footage has all been co-op (players against AI).

I:S releases to console sometime in the first half of 2019 as it stands right now but PC releases in Sept this year.

On the PC vs Console topic, let's try and stay constructive here, please. Everyone is here to discuss a game they're excited about, we don't need to throw stones at each other for where they prefer to play.

While I will agree that Siege isn't the most realistic game out on the market, saying it's like COD is a lot like calling the 4th Crusade a slight shift in priorities. From what I've seen this game is as realistic as it needs to be, one thing I'm not sure of is how destructible the terrain will be.

@dalos said in Will this Cater to the COD/Rainbow or Realism Crowd?:

While I will agree that Siege isn't the most realistic game out on the market, saying it's like COD is a lot like calling the 4th Crusade a slight shift in priorities. From what I've seen this game is as realistic as it needs to be, one thing I'm not sure of is how destructible the terrain will be.

IIRC, aside from windows, perhaps some doors and obviously the vehicles they are introducing which can be destroyed, that's about it. .......certainly nothing on the level of BF but rather very simplistic by comparison. I recall it being discussed briefly on one of the Q&As. I think you can also get a good idea of what to expect in this department from the recent in-game footage.

@kean_1 What about drywall? Is it going to be that generic penetration but the wall itself can't be destroyed? Or will MGs be able to shred massive wholes?

@dalos said in Will this Cater to the COD/Rainbow or Realism Crowd?:

@kean_1 What about drywall? Is it going to be that generic penetration but the wall itself can't be destroyed? Or will MGs be able to shred massive wholes?

Watch the E3 gameplay trailer. There is a part in it showing a player riddling a piece of plywood from one end to the other to try and hit a target behind it.

Honestly though, I don't know all of the details regarding the penetration mechanics in I:S but from what I've seen, it appears it will be in the game to some extent or another.

@kean_1 I've seen gameplay where it just appears as a texture on a door.

Apart from SQUAD and PostScriptum that are slower paced, this is the best tactical infantry game on the market bar none. The core gameplay is excellent and the Studio and devs have always kept their promises and given more to the gamers than the actual monetary value we paid for.

NWI rules