Question<<<<<<<<

I'm looking for those players that have downloaded and played a lot of Mudrunner Maps, Reason why is because I think those players will be able to answer this question, I was wondering in all the maps you have driven on this game has anyone come across a 'Crashed Plane' model? Thanks

the only map i remember that had a crashed plane was one from the original spintires. ill see if i can find the name of it. if that helps?

@SmarOneNine
Don't recall seeing such a thing in a ST/MR map, but if you get desperate let me know and I can try to rig something up for ya.

@smaronenine, What kind of plane ya looking for?

Aircraft 3D Models download - Free3D

I'm not done re-installing everything yet but I got Max going, finally. I can't use 2014, tho, so I gotta use 2017 or 18, but atleast it's working now without errors. 🙂

Trying to find a Big Airliner crashed , Like This...

alt text

But a Crash/Wreckage Version...

alt text

There is a plane model on this map: http://www.mudrunnermods.com/winter-siberia-map-v1-0/
Idk if its of any use since it isin't a crashed one or if you get permission to use it.

@smaronenine, This is what else I found so far. Some good one's but some for a bunch of cash.

crashed jet airplane wreck 3d model

last edited by Tattoo

@ShadowSINcere thanks man ill take a peek.
@Tattoo thanks for looking around I came across that same site as well, hoping to find something free of course first but we'll see how desperate I get lol, My new map sneak peek video I posted will explain the reasoning on finding a plane.

@smaronenine maybe you can find a "decent" full model and then edit it into a wrecked version? seems like a bit of work, but just an idea i am sure has crossed your mind. just mentioning it in case it didn't.

will be interesting to see what kind of map you use with this "crashed plane" i keep picturing a dense forest or jungle type scene lol

@8up-local You are pretty much spot on about the kind of map this will be 8, Very tight thick forestry trailing.
@Tattoo as far as the plane goes not sure what you were gonna try and do? , but this is what I had in mind to give you a better idea of what I'm looking for...

this is the exact plane I need on my beach in the map..
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/b3dd0a06e7f727449a55c6af6f4b2bb3/Lost-plane

But I need that plane broken up like this plane...
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/638e5b4420c7f6bb4b1bdab82d834140/Crashed-Boeing-737-600-Westjet-For-Plane-Crash-Contest

@smaronenine, Ok, I need to find out more info cuz the model is actually a British Airlines model with Oceanic letters and symbol added very sloppily. They're not textures but 3d objects and they're hanging off the sides. lmao. I just gotta find out exactly how it looks and see if it's the right plane.

Do you know what kind of plane it is? I'll see what I can find.

alt text

@tattoo are you familiar with the old tv show 'Lost'? it's the actual airliner that crashed in episode 1 of the tv series not sure if its a real airliner I'm guessing it is, With a quick google search this is some images of the plane from the show.
https://www.google.com/search?q=lost+oceanic+airlines+plane&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjomKWAn6TaAhWG11MKHfayBOYQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=974

@Tattoo i think it's a boeing 737 the one on LOST not the sketchup model lmao

last edited by DrGoNzO1489

@tattoo after another google search this is what i found ,

'TV Show Lost. - Oceanic Airlines is a central plot element in the TV series, Lost. The show explores the aftermath of the crash of Oceanic Flight 815 (a Lockheed L-1011 was used to create the crash, but the plane in-universe is stated as a Boeing 777) traveling from Sydney to Los Angeles.'

@smaronenine Ok, thanks. Lemme see what I can find.

@tattoo Btw Tat I had no intention of nominating you to do this plane for me man lol, I can make use of what I can use within the game...I totally appreciate it ofcourse but I totally understand if its something you ain't got time for.

@smaronenine, Yeah, I know smar. I was just trying to find ya a decent plane to work with. Ain't no think thing man.

last edited by Tattoo

After getting all my scripts, toolbars and keybinds set in Max 2017, I'm getting an error again when trying to Render the UV map for a tire track. It hasn't locked up again while working, atleast, but I have to start all over again to find out what is causing the problem. I'm guessing it's a script that's not compatible with the newer version of Max. Dang it, I thought I had it!! 😞 lol. shlitt happens...

I did find a good plane model to work with, tho. It's made well but not mapped very well so will need work there.

Here's some pics of what I found for ya.

Die Cast model of the Lost plane. What it should look like
alt text

This is the model I found that should work well.

last edited by Tattoo