Blender and STMR

@forces said in Blender and STMR:

@tattoo nope, no plugin or settings option
@JustaFordGuy is your armature rest pose right?
go into poseMod and ctrl A apply pose as rest pose every bone (a+ctrl+a+apply pose as rest pose)

did you parented the empty bones (if i dont forgot is R,C,F and FRU,FRD,FLU,FLD,RRU,RRD,RLU,RLD) with ctrl+p parent and keep transformation? this is important because if you dont do it that way it will mess the animation up

If I look at it in Pose mode the parts are connected and act right if I move them but I never knew anything about "Apply pose as rest pose". I need to try to find that.

I didn't change the parenting of anything, I left the .blend like you sent it to me. Not sure I really understand how to parent the empty bones but I'll take a look.

I think that the tricks to getting the animation stuff right in Blender is the biggest problem I have. This will be an important part of any tutorial for sure.

@justafordguy Ill take my time in that video because theres allot of thing to explain to get the info right but it will come soon with some tut files too

@justafordguy Ill take my time in that video because theres allot of thing to explain to get the info right but it will come soon with some tut files too

That will be awesome, thanks for all the help.

will be importing a model from any free model site and troubleshooting them

If you're using Sketchup models, I found if you export to .fbx from Sketchup, the model is a LOT better. No double sided polys and not as many single parts. You'd have to try it to see what I mean exactly but it's like night and day, in Max any way. But you DO need a paid version because after the 30 trial runs out, you can't export to .fbx any more.

1st video Importing Exporting Basic models

Youtube Video

Next video, Animations,Codeing meshes.xml+tips

last edited by Forces

This is a quick video i made for @Tattoo a while ago on how are mesh vertex weight (skins,animations) done in blender
Youtube Video

more will be detailed in the part 2 of the tutorial series

Thanks Forces, I can't wait to watch your videos.

@forces, This would be a good time to give out the Number Paister I gave you so others can benefit from it as well. And, please, let em all know that MarijnS95 created it. Thanks man.

Hey Forces, I just followed along with your first video tutorial. It is very well done, thanks so much.

I think I followed it very closely (except I got lost on the separating meshes part) but I get this error when I try to export using ST_DirectX. It creates a 0k .x file. Any ideas?

0_1522781989702_Screenshot_2018-04-03_14-55-23.png

Well it looks like the ST_DirectX exporter error is only on my Linux PC. I tried again on my Windows PC and it worked fine. I got the example to work in the editor and in the proving grounds. Anyone else having this issue on linux and Blender v2.78?

Thanks again to Forces for the great tutorial. Please keep em coming. 😉

last edited by JustaFordGuy

@justafordguy No idea about Linux, I only used the exporter in windows and I run blender 2.78b but the exporter works with 2.76 till 2.79b

Part 2 Bones and animations + Troubleshoots
Youtube Video

Just a Little of me building for in blender i might go a bit fast on the modeling but i slowed down in the resume of what I did
Youtube Video

@forces, Awesome Forces! Thank you very much for showing off the Number Paster so others can use it as well.

Here's links to the Number Paster. There are 2 of them.
The first one used CTRL+V to paste the numbers.
The second one uses Shift.

I asked MarijnS95 to change it to use the shift button instead because it's easier than using ctrl+v each time. But you can use what's easier for you so here's links to both versions.

Number Paster - CTRL+V
Number Paster - SHIFT

@drgonzo1489, Forces explains it in the first video in his post. I mentioned it to you before but you didn't answer me so I figured maybe you had it already. It's what MarijnS95 made for me before he made the weight tool.

last edited by Tattoo

@tattoo Best tool in the world imo, thanks tattoo for sharing it with me, doing numbers isnt my thing im dislexic so i tend to type wrong values or letters in codes

I've made a little more progress but noticed an odd issue. My models look right in blender but once I export it is is a mirror image in spintires and editor. any ideas?

@JustaFordGuy Yeah i forgot to mention that, facepalm, you must make a mirror of your model (letters must be a mirror in the X axis and so does tires with 3d lettering, for texture lettering just mirror the mesh parts with the letters)

@JustaFordGuy Yeah i forgot to mention that, facepalm, you must make a mirror of your model (letters must be a mirror in the X axis and so does tires with 3d lettering, for texture lettering just mirror the mesh parts with the letters)

So I need to mirror everything in Blender?

@justafordguy yeah i got used so i model everthing in a mirror view of the real model,
wich sucks when i upload the models into turbosquid because im like F**k i forgot to S+Y-1