Season 7 PTS bugs and suggestions [UPDATED] 16/04/2022

Gor BY-4
1. Winch points

Missing winch points on the sideskirts of this vehicle.
It is very difficult to tip the vehicle back on to its wheels due to the lack of these winch points and also the wide stance of the vehicle.

Screenshot (55)_LI.jpg

If you use the crane to lift up this vehicle , you will see that those winch points magically reappear. I think this is a bug and those winch points are needed always.

Screenshot (53).png

2.Performance

I would first like to thank the devs for this new fresh experience however since Tennessee is an update with just 2 vehicles in which one of the said vehicles is a RACING scout , it should get ALWAYS ON DIFFS just like the Azov Sprinter.

Right now whenever this vehicle is accelerating the rear wheels are constantly trying to overtake the front and it causes unnecessary spinouts. It looks like most of the power is going to the rear wheels even in AWD mode.

Also adding that Gor BY-4 is one the smaller scouts that has the smaller options - 31inch. An always on difflock will improve its handling make it a better racing scout. Right now in the game only a very few small form factor scouts have always on diffs like the TUZ 166 and the Scout 800.
If Gor BY-4 has always on diffs it would be a better vehicle as right now a fully upgraded TUZ 166 with highway gearbox outperforms this vehicle.

3.Gearbox
I suggest giving this vehicle a "SPORT" gearbox like the Azov Sprinter. Right now with only the Highway gearbox as the faster option is still very slow compared to vehicles like the TUZ 166.

Azov 'Sprinter'

1.Spare wheels

Allow spare tires as an option as the truck clearly has spare tire shrouds on the back just like the real like Kamaz Dakar truck.
If Centre of Gravity (CoG) is an issue , please make it in such a way that the tire sits face down on the chassis like the stock vehicle.

Screenshot (56)_LI.jpg

Inkede7da3790d054f6ea02284eed6636423b_LI.jpg

Inkedd20b8a1ac54ec119896f1a4b463a99a1_LI.jpg
Horizontal wheel mount if CoG is issue.

2. Optional 50 inch tires

The real life Kamaz Dakar truck uses 50 inch Michelin or Goodyear
14R 20 tires. Right now this vehicle is restricted to 47 inch tires.

1852361b-e967-4048-9339-6742dce6a6cb-image.png

3. Optional Trailer support and removable rear shroud.

It is good to have a racing vehicle in game but its use will be limited to this map and its missions. It would be a really good option if we could remove the rear shroud for adding a sideboard bed or Trailer hitch to tow trailers after all the racing missions are completed in the region. If it is strictly unmodifiable , it will end up like the CAT 770 after completion of the missions that requires it. Just saying this because the Azov sprinter is unlicensed and so the possibilities are endless.

CO-OP

1. Missions

We are thrilled to have co-op racing in the game but please make sure that all time trials and races can be completed solo.
Not all players have High performance PCs.
I can barely run one vehicle in the new map with my PC. Having another player's vehicle deployed on the map severely limits FPS making it unplayable.

Internet connection issues : some countries still do not have stable internet service providers. One of the main reason I purchased Snowrunner was for the Solo singleplayer experience. I face constant internet issues even with the most expensive 'internet plan'. So please make all races and trials Solo-able.

Map- Tennessee

1. Unnecessary obstacles on narrow pathways.

Screenshot (62)_LI.jpg

Reason:
These objects are items used on paved roads. Any contact with these items will damage suspension and is an annoyance.

Moreover real life Rally Raid and RallyCross do not keep such items for the very same reasons as it can get stuck inside a vehicles wheel-well or drivetrain if it makes accidental contact. Making them collision free is better or removing them completely is the best.

2. FPS issue/optimization

Tennessee is a very big and beautiful map. However with its size comes a performance penalty of having lower FPS compared to other maps.

I play on Intel UHD 630 graphics and I used to get 30 fps stable on all other maps at 600x400 resolution but in Tennessee with the lowest graphical settings and a 600p resolution gives me less than 25 fps...I know this is a 'me' thing but I really cannot afford a high end PC. Hope you understand my situation.

3. Inability to place map marker on resolution less than 1024x768 resolution.

There is a bug where it is not possible to place waypoint markers on the map when the resolution is lowered below 1024x768. A temporary solution is to change resolution to 1024x768 or higher , place a marker on the map and then change back to lower resolution to get the markers working again.

Thank you for you time and patience. I will update the post once I find more.

last edited by neocelestium

Photomode

Controls on Photomode - especially zoom binds and 'A' and 'D' keys have been inverted/changed and it is difficult to use. Please revert back to the old control scheme.

@neocelestium

good suggestions, but…

Wait, you ask for a diff lock (LOCK) for a race car?!?!?!?!?! and not for offroading, BUT FOR THE RACING, with TURNS??!!

And have you ever seen Kamaz Master rally racing supertruck with a SIDEBOARD?!

How we managed to come with far…(

@stazco I meant it as a performance boost and also for offroading. with it's small tires it won't be bad for it.

Tuz 166 on the other hand is like an old relic of the past ( GAZ 69 A started manufacturing in the 1950s lol) and it gets always on diffs??? Same story with scout 800. I am laughing my a** off about the game balance with these small scouts. It really won't hurt the cute Gor BY4 to have it since it is being outperformed by a vehicle made in the 1950s. Also in Snowrunner physics , having always on diffs is a night and day difference when it comes to overall performance in any vehicle.

Also just pointing out that in real life , sports cars and baja buggy use something called a Race 'Limited slip differential' so it still is a very valid reasoning for it. I don't see you having a problem with the Kamaz master having always on diffs 😉

And have you ever seen Kamaz Master rally racing supertruck with a SIDEBOARD?!

c2230f31-f3ca-4fbb-af02-7696db7909d7-image.png

2b5c114d-b2b6-48f1-9bb2-6a63457867de-image.png

What you see here is indeed a sideboard bed on the Kamaz 4911 Master Dakar truck. All these vehicles have been modified for military or civilian use at least at some point in their lifetimes. So yes it is real.

I understand your concern and I agree with your views but we really need not be too strict on configuration as it is just a game.

Gorby4 suspension.png

Seen after taking a jump. Vehicle - Gor BY4

Co_Op:
As stated above, I personally disagree with making co-op a prerequisite for some of the Contests. The same can be completed solo, just make it a time trial.

However I am disturbed that one of the Contracts, which is a contest, requires Co-Op, and we cannot continue the game solo. That needs to be fixed, otherwise many of us will loose interest in the game. Don't force an issue on us!
If I want to play solo, let me! Don't end the game just because I don't want to play Co-Op!!! It is MY CHOICE, not yours. I'm sure I'm not alone with this and should you insist on keeping it as is, you will loose support and I personally would not purchase any more Yearly Packs in the future, as I have all of them so far.

@gordon-f Yes, we are of the same opinion in that I have never had a need to participate in co-op and would rather go it alone as has been the case since season 1.
When PTS was disabled for a period and then reinstated only in the last week or so, I dutifully downloaded the update and was most alarmed to find that all my previous progress was deleted and I was forced to begin the entire process again ( into Michigan with a short foray into Alaska) to access all other maps and then slowly work my way through Tennessee with only DLCs and the odd mod vehicle.
As can be seen in the pictures I am only at level 12 having completed all contracts and tasks but have yet to find the Gor BY-4 or the Azov Sprinter that I assume are gained in this map. Does one have to achieve level 30 before gaining these vehicles?
Will in future be saving all PTS game files in case this happens again.
V.JPG W.JPG X.JPG Y.JPG Z.JPG

last edited by Xenomethean

Haven't played in a while, I always like a small hiatus now and then. But not happy at the prospect of coming back to forced co-op.

Never played co-op, dont wanna play co-op so dont force it on us. Please give us an alternative.

@overthehill @xenomethean @Gordon-F

I too disagree with the poor implementation of CO-OP in the PTS. All mission , contracts , trials should be solo-able . I request that you upvote the post so that the devs will see that many players want that change. Thanks.

⚠️ Important : Bug that needs to be fixed ASAP before season 7 release. Priority- Very High

Vehicle affected : Gor BY 4

Youtube Video

Vehicle will Vibrate when entering a deep mud pit. For reference I used the mud pit in Proving grounds (map shown in video).

Body of the vehicle is vibrating on the chassis. looks like some sort of clipping or collision issue with the ground.

when you turn left , the vehicle goes to the right

when you turn right , the vehicle goes to the left.

Even when engine is switched off , the vehicle will continue to vibrate erratically.

Sometimes the vehicle can travel in the mud without any engine power.

Once fully wheel-deep in the mud , the vehicle cannot move even if it has sufficient grip to keep moving.

(this bug looks very similar to the bug that was present on the spare wheel on DAN 96320 when driving on water.)

[P.S sorry about the video quality - I have a potato PC.]

Agree with forced co-op being an issue due to lack of decent internet. Ours disconnects for like 100th of a second constantly but it's enough that I cannot reliably play online.

@neocelestium said in Season 7 PTS bugs and suggestions:

Photomode

Controls on Photomode - especially zoom binds and 'A' and 'D' keys have been inverted/changed and it is difficult to use. Please revert back to the old control scheme.

Issue has not been fixed , tested on 16-04-2022 ❌

Gorby4 suspension.png

Seen after taking a jump. Vehicle - Gor BY4

⚠️ Important : Bug that needs to be fixed ASAP before season 7 release. Priority- Very High

Vehicle affected : Gor BY 4

Youtube Video

Vehicle will Vibrate when entering a deep mud pit. For reference I used the mud pit in Proving grounds (map shown in video).

Body of the vehicle is vibrating on the chassis. looks like some sort of clipping or collision issue with the ground.

when you turn left , the vehicle goes to the right

when you turn right , the vehicle goes to the left.

Even when engine is switched off , the vehicle will continue to vibrate erratically.

Sometimes the vehicle can travel in the mud without any engine power.

Once fully wheel-deep in the mud , the vehicle cannot move even if it has sufficient grip to keep moving.

(this bug looks very similar to the bug that was present on the spare wheel on DAN 96320 when driving on water.)

[P.S sorry about the video quality - I have a potato PC.]

Gor BY-4
1. Winch points

Missing winch points on the sideskirts of this vehicle.
It is very difficult to tip the vehicle back on to its wheels due to the lack of these winch points and also the wide stance of the vehicle.

Screenshot (55)_LI.jpg

Issue has been fixed , tested on 16-04-2022 ✔

Please consider the suggestions for 'Always on Difflocks' for the GorBY4- It is horrible to drive without it.

Trailer support , Spare wheels and sideboard bed options for the Azov Sprinter.

@neocelestium I don't feel like Azov needs any frame addon options (including sideboards), proper service equipment, regular trailers and possibly a high saddle trailers support could just do it.

@nextej Ohh boy , please just let it have some options...the new content features just 2 vehicles. Let them be more usable after the region is completed. If you "feel" like not using certain addons then don't use them but let the option be open for other players.

@neocelestium said in Season 7 PTS bugs and suggestions [UPDATED] 16/04/2022:

Please consider the suggestions for 'Always on Difflocks' for the GorBY4- It is horrible to drive without it.

Trailer support , Spare wheels and sideboard bed options for the Azov Sprinter.

first we are asking diff LOCK (!!) on a RACE car for RACING (turns!, turns!, turns!, LOCK??!, LOCK??!, LOCK!??)

next we say ignorance is strength, war is piece

wait…its also done here (ru)

so what next…

I want to share my personal experience of pulling myself back without a winch and without a second car.
We need slings and a rear locking device. You need to hook the rope to the wheel by threading it through the disc, hook the other end to a tree, pulling the rope strictly parallel to the car so it can wind right up on the wheel. Lock the rear differential. Make sure the wheel is full, not underinflated. It's better to inflate above normal. And gently drive backward, winding the cable around the wheel. When engaging, try to get the cable as tight as possible. After half a turn, it should start pulling the car back. Otherwise it might pull sideways.
Content Manager riewes - The best products for your car.