Latest update ruined my game

I have been playing Insurgency sandstorm for a long time. I never had any issues with overall performance despite having a computer that can't handle it. After the most recent update, my game started crashing on startups, severe FPS drops, shader glitches and the worst; stuttering. I'm not gonna hesitate telling the truth here, I don't usually pay for gaming but I really love this game and I thought it would be really worth 30 Euros so I bought it. But it pains me to be not able to play it properly now.
Gameplay here, see how much worse it got. I have already mentioned all of my complaints sending crash reports. Yet no one ever did reply or anything I suppose the developers are too busy counting money.
Youtube Video

their "hotfix" added more stuttering and done this to the game: 581320_screenshots_20200830203532_1.jpg

You can temporarily prevent stuttering by deleting insurgency and UE4 folders, reinstalling the game. It will not be fixed completely but it gets better.

last edited by KnotFunny

They already addressed the issue on the Insurgency Sandstorm Steam discussion forums.
Here's the link

https://steamcommunity.com/app/581320/discussions/0/2798378453077745868/

@KnotFunny
What has happened to my wonderful game? Update is killing it for me
It’s become frustrating, not fun to play
I have been playing Insurgency Sandstorm coop of almost 2 years pretty much every day. My ranking is over 1600. I love this game and play with a group of guys almost every night. I have an official KD of over 16 (worked hard to achieve) and I know this game inside and out.
This update is changing everything (from a fun factor). I loved playing commander, every time you pull out the binoculars you put yourself a risk and I have enjoyed the strategy of getting the placements in just the right place.
My Beef
The awareness of the opposing team has been enhanced to such a point that I am being snapshot killed all the time. Sometimes they don’t even bother to lift their weapon.
No one want to play the night maps as they appear to be able to see you as if it was daytime, but you cannot see them even with the highest priced night goggles.
No longer getting registered kills from the helicopter fire support. Since the update I am no longer playing Commander due the risk reward factor. If I’m going to put myself at risk trying place the fire support in just the right place I want the reward.
Random grenades and mollies. Even when you have not been seen by the enemy a Mollie or grenade comes over in an impossible position and kills you (most of the time you don’t even see or hear the grenade). All this does is piss you off.
Myself and the guys love this game! But if you are wanting to push us away you are doing a great job.
Extremely Frustrated

@mfascioli said in Latest update ruined my game:

They already addressed the issue on the Insurgency Sandstorm Steam discussion forums.
Here's the link

https://steamcommunity.com/app/581320/discussions/0/2798378453077745868/

I apologize for posting it. Well, does anyone think they will do something to fix this?

At least you can actually play with others, patch 1.7.1 just made my game never connect to nwi services, and of course it has to be the ONE patch that brings back vehicles, not ANY of the other patches, but this one. Far out.

@edbods said in Latest update ruined my game:

At least you can actually play with others, patch 1.7.1 just made my game never connect to nwi services, and of course it has to be the ONE patch that brings back vehicles, not ANY of the other patches, but this one. Far out.

I don't think I was clear enough. I am definitely NOT able to play. It stutters so bad that it looks worse than a slideshow. The video I posted I uploaded it before their "hOtfiX". Now, I have also floating carrier vests, backpacks and twitching corpses also worse stuttering. And do you know what makes me even more mad about this? Everybody just keeps leaving positive comments on the game reviews. Fitgirl has released a repack of Insurgency sandstorm. I paid for this game, and I'm planning on playing the pirated version of it from now on. I'm gonna send an e-mail to support@focus-home.com. I already made couple of my friends quit buying the game. I've had enough of this carelessness. I only have a rust bucket for a computer and this was the only game I liked to play.

last edited by KnotFunny

Maybe I should've clarified - at least your game connects to NWI services, patch 1.7.1 stuffed mine up so I can only ever play offline, if I want to play single player I'll play New Vegas

The latest patch made the game act like an early beta version. In addition to what has already been said:

• Bots randomly see you from the other side of the map. They see you through walls or hills, and they keep shooting in your direction because they automatically know where you are. Even if I play alone on a server, and is sitting alone inside the capture point, the bots keep shooting outside like there is a total war going on.
  • Can't pick up ammo boxes.
  • The NV red dot was "fixed" by making it so tiny I almost can't see it unless the lighting conditions are just right.

And that ridiculous bug where bots respawn at the Ministry cellar capture point when it is captured, well it's still there. And all the bugs in the server search engine is still there.

I don't know what you thought you were fixing with this patch, but I only see downside. Please roll back the previous version.

last edited by strek

Do you want to play another game? I recommend ESO.